• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Overheat issue solved

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Weeb I have been disconnected for awhile. If you are referring to the exhaust pipe jacket picture above having silicone in it - be careful!. I believe only the MR-1 engines had this. Your 1.8 liter engines do not have that and you may have opened a hole into your boat. Please double check by looking into that area by removing the hatch.
I was told it was extra from manufacturing on here and the boats not taking on water so I think I’m good. Thanks

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
OK . I misunderstood and didn't realize you were referring to the exhaust port.

BKirish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Weeb I have been disconnected for awhile. If you are referring to the exhaust pipe jacket picture above having silicone in it - be careful!. I believe only the MR-1 engines had this. Your 1.8 liter engines do not have that and you may have opened a hole into your boat. Please double check by looking into that area by removing the hatch.
I figured that they were filled intentionally. I did not remove any of the filler. Thx

BKirish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Silicone like substance. It's normal.

Hate to tell you, but when you originally pulled the thermostats out, the one that was closed was the good one, the one that was open was probably the bad one. Without getting too complicated, too much water flow sometimes is as bad or worse than not enough water flow.
Yes - the open one was the bad one. The closed one reinstalled on the original overheated motor operated fine with the exhaust thermo sensor from the other motor as well as the motor as a whole. No overheat. I did put 2 new thermostats in just cause as well as I installed a new exhaust thermo sensor. I will be on the water today if wx holds. Thanks

Last edited:

BKirish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It appears to be filled with a sealant.
And from the response above it appears normal and even perhaps not required, non the less I didn't fuss with it.

BKirish

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On a side note: I have had some time with the removal of a portion of my l4/5 disc to catch up on this forum and really explore the inner workings of the boat! I bough the boat new and really have taken good care (from my perspective) of it. But as things age, things break and this forum and the folks on it have been very helpful. Thanks

Attachments