• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Overtons 12v air pump

jetboat623

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Received my 12v air pump today from overtons. Hooked it up and hit the switch and fire! The smoke and flames came out the air outlet. Unhook it and the power cords were super hot. Thought maybe I had the cords wrong so I double checked but everything was correct. Called overtons and they are taking if back at thier expense. I was super impressed with their customer service. Sad the pump was bad but service was great.

Also received my Shultz bow stop and got that installed. I bent the two forks to get it to fit instead of cutting it.

WOW!!! FLAMES, out the outlet... That had to be freaky. Glad they are replacing it..

I have an Overtons air pump but it has clamps top hook direct to the battery. It is by far the best air pump I have ever used. IT hooks up to the battery direct though because it pulls so much juice and actually fills the tube.

That really sucks what happened and glad it didn;t turn out worse. Check out thier pump that hooks up direct, I think you will be happy once you get things worked out.
44211_L1

I have the same one as water boy. Has worked great for five years hooked straight to the battery… Glad that Overtons is standing behind their products though!

I have the same pump as @waterboy and love it. Fills the tubed extremely well.

I hope you had one of the SiriusXM metal stations on when that happened. :)

I just bought the airhead model from Amazon and it looks identical to the Overtons model. It worked great on my new "Super Screamer" O'briens tube on Lake Erie yesterday. The boys had a blast! Everything worked perfectly and for a first time tuber, I was happy with the results.

The one that caught on fire is that same one you guys are all talking about. Very strange. Oh well new one will be here shortly I hope.

Glad you didn't have that plugged into a tube. It would have been a BIG fire.

Back