• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pic of twin engine transom on plane/led lights out of water

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Need to see that pic real quick but can’t find what thread it’s in.

Also, anyone had over heating problems with transom mounted LED lights with articulating keel on plane?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Most of these led high power lights are meant to be used while in water; otherwise they burn out. This is my 2nd one as the first one burned out. I asked the company and they stated they do not make a light meant for on plane. Very dissappointing...

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
VERY disappointing!!! Wife really likes the transom lights after being out on a friends boat for July 3rd, 4th, and 5th for fireworks shows. And after attending those I like the added viability those add with all the idiots flying around in the dark!

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'd be careful how much light and what color it is while out moving around at night. You could get stopped by a game warden saying they are interfering with your navigation lights.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
It would be like trying to catch a single minnow in a huge school, but I get your point.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Still looking for the pic of the guy holding a gopro under the swim deck while on plane showing how little of the boat is actually in the water.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
VERY disappointing!!! Wife really likes the transom lights after being out on a friends boat for July 3rd, 4th, and 5th for fireworks shows. And after attending those I like the added viability those add with all the idiots flying around in the dark!
It does suck. Just have to figure out a way to splash water on it. A small dia tube attached to the bottom of the hull and pointed at the light(s) or an apparatus to deflect water onto the lights. Still trying to figure out the best approach.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
It does suck. Just have to figure out a way to splash water on it. A small dia tube attached to the bottom of the hull and pointed at the light(s) or an apparatus to deflect water onto the lights. Still trying to figure out the best approach.
Add another barb fitting on the pump and plumb a t-fitting with a hose directed at each light. Then check temps after some time. The LED starts to break down at a specific temperature.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Lumitec lights are rated for running out of water, which is why I chose them. I still turn them off when running if there are any other boats out.

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Lumitec lights are rated for running out of water, which is why I chose them. I still turn them off when running if there are any other boats out.
Their website shows no boat using these lights on plane (out of the water) but does state it can be used on plane. The light will reduce it's output to not burn out.

Zeusmotorworks

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Their website shows no boat using these lights on plane (out of the water) but does state it can be used on plane. The light will reduce it's output to not burn out.

View attachment 99636
Thanks guys...

swatski, THAT was the pic I was looking for!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

View attachment 99636
Yep, no other manufacturer offers anything like that from what I found, and I emailed a bunch (the lumitecs are not inexpensive).