• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picking up a 2019 AR195. Have a couple questions

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
@80sarcade this is exactly why i took off the retainers completely and set the tower on the steering wheel. No need to remove the bimini mounts just the top its self. If i had to do what you are doing every time i would sell the boat :) J/K everyone has there own solution but i would try taking off the retainers before modding the garage frame.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u I find them to be acceptable and a great solution. Once the wheels turn to the direction your moving it is easy. I do it by myself. They were supposed to have a Daytona branded version but they took them off the site... Its really the only easy way to get it perfectly against the wall. I
I've got mine pretty close, but it's a horrible PIA to do at the end of a long day on the water.

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna add these to the list of things I "need" to get from Harbor Freight.

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@80sarcade I have now mastered the garage storage process on my '19 195. I removed the retainers on the tower completely. It sucked until i realized my daughter was small enough to crawl into the storage well and lay in there with the wrench. :) I tried to extend them but the length of the existing hardware and coupler would not work so i just left them off. Take off the bimini top first. I put the steering wheel in the most tipped up position it can go. Lay the tower on the steering wheel with my wife in the boat monitoring the clearance of the garage opening. The highest bimini mount will brush the rubber of the bottom of the garage door seal. Once in the garage i use these that i got from harbor freight to move it against the wall as much as possible:
View attachment 99645

I installed a J hook in the ceiling and use a ratchet strap to hold the tower up so that i can walk through and clean boat in garage. I can not stand it up fully as the light/tow point on top of the tower hits my ceiling.

I do all of this with a Ram 1500 with normal 2" drop hitch. Nothing special.

I have also now been towing with the prem. mooring cover on with no supports. I cut pool noodles for the top of the window frame to support the cover. Be careful of the cushions that are not hinged if you dont use the cover.

Another tip: Silicon the rear chrome cup holder trim plates. They will come off! The just twist on.
I had the same issue with the extension. The sweet spot was right in the middle of the coupler. I ended up adding the extension and adding some washers to the factory washers to get it to sit where i needed it about 1/4" above the wheel.

80sarcade

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So going to take the boat out of the garage tomorrow. I brought a 11 inch drop hitch. Hoping it will lower the boat enough that we will not have to do any other tweaks to get her out. I will report back on how it went. I also picked up a magnetic surge pin. That should help also!

Last edited:

icemanj16

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I ran into a new problem last night. Got one of the Krypt wakeboard racks from amazon and now I will have to remove it every time I put it in the garage. This is the not so fun part of boating. :)

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have to pull my rack off as well to put the tower down. The bracket clears everything with out the forks and the forks are quick release so only takes a few seconds to pop it off. I just slide it under the seat til I take it out again.

Attachments

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@icemanj16 Monster brand surf/wakeboard combo with quick release clamp. Holds our Zup 2.0 as well.

Attachments

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I believe these boats still come with a 5-pin connector. The 5th pin is a reverse signal to the surge brake actuator to disable the brakes when you try to reverse. You can get away without it but you will need to lock out the surge brakes with a little key so make sure they give you that. You will also probably need some kind of adapter so that you can still connect the trailer lights.

If you wanted to install a 5-pin on your vehicle (which I would do), I believe you can just splice off of the reverse lights and run that to the new connector. Here are the different wire configurations. My trailer came with the flat 5-pin, but that was 4 years ago so I would check with the dealer what will be on your trailer.
Trailer connectors in North America - Wikipedia

You can use either the shipping cover or the mooring cover for towing. I like the mooring cover better because it hugs the hull a little better, but if it's rainy, I like to use the shipping cover because it's easier to clean. Either will handle the wind though. My preference was to drive without the support poles, but some people prefer them in.

I sincerely hope you don't have any tire issues, but I always keep a tire iron in my truck. The lugs were a different size than my Jeep or my pickup so the vehicle wrench would do me no good. I would plan on getting a spare right away if you didn't order one with your boat.

Congrats on the new boat and don't be discouraged if you struggle with it a little at first. We all did. I don't regret a minute of it!
oddly I rarely had to use that key to backup even I with my driveway
having a slight incline.

mdchachi

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
oddly I rarely had to use that key to backup even I with my driveway
having a slight incline.
Same here. I got a bar magnet to hold the original key in. It was only the first couple uses of the trailer where the brake seemed to catch backing in (when I forgot to put that key in). Now it never seems to activate when backing down ramps or back into my driveway. I hope the brakes work!

Houston

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I know this is an older post but if your 2019 195 was one of the first out of the factory, your trailer is not set up correctly. I had to take bimini off along with brackets, lower tower stops, let air out of tires, etc... after ALOT of research I noticed the newer 2019s and 2020s were set up differently. The dealer has mine right now because Shoreland’r is replacing the entire trailer

steve0617

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
What does that mean, not set up correctly? And what exactly did you do to get a new trailer?

Houston

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What does that mean, not set up correctly? And what exactly did you do to get a new trailer?
My bunks were not in the correct position, they were too close together. They were inside the inner-most lifting strakes and they were partially sitting on the bunks. The bunks were too short. The bow stop was set up wrong pushing the bow in the air. I first had my dealer try to fix it, they ordered new bunks but still messed it up and didn’t even touch the bow stop. I contacted Shoreland’r directly and they offered to send a new trailer.

Attachments