• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picking up new '23 Scarab 165 ID this weekend, minimum accessories req. help

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Something else I've done to maximize space too. Some stuff I don't use often... I put it in a draw string bag and velcro tied it to some random anchor points that hold cables in place around the battery. So it holds higher up and frees up more space as well.

PRO710HD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Luc, big question:

What do you use to wash, dry, polish/wax your boat?

Boat came home dirty from the dealer and has some rough non shiny patches underneath the hand rails and lots of fine scratches around the top perimeter: boat was in the showroom for couple months and probably had lots of kids etc. climbing in and over the side rails. I use Meguires products on my personal cars but I know that fiberglass/gelcoat is a whole different animal so don't want to ruin the finish by using an inappropriate product to get those hazed and scratched areas out

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Obviously lots of this is up to personal preference. Lots of opinions.

To clean the stains on the hull, I use Spray Nine boat bottom cleaner. I tested many and this one works the best. Wet, spray, lightly scrub in with a soft bristle brush, let it work a few min and pressure washer off.

To remove scratches, same as a car. In fact, gelcoat is even tougher (but it CAN still burn if you put too much pressure/friction). Normal buffer with the usual compound. The grit level has to be adjusted to the depth of the scratches. You can even wet sand it and work your way too a finer compound to a fine polish. I've worked out major scraches out before. Once she's all scratch free (and that part takes a lof of work, don't underestimate that), then you can finish her off with either a wax or ceramic spray coating if you want it to last longer.

I use 303 on my plastics/vinyl fairly often to help protect the seats from sunscreen stains and sun damage.

I use my leaf blower to get the bulk of the water off and then wipe down the rest with a microber towel/shammy.

All of that being said, I treat my boat as a boat. Not as a showpiece. I don't go crazy. I don't overdo it. My boat has plenty of little scratches, dirt, etc. I periodically clean her up. Once a year I usually do a more thorough job, usually in the spring after I come out of hibernation. And I accept that it's a boat that will get dirty and worn over time. :)

PRO710HD

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
You da Man Luc. Thanks so much and +1 on the 303 for the seats as recommended by Scarab in the manual :)