• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Picking up New 242 Limited S Tomorrow

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
10 thumbs up for HOT SAUCE. She gets sauced up every time we take her off the water. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Agree - we are pretty hooked on all the "Sauces" - vinyl, quickie, etc. Only problem is we keep knocking off and breaking the spray nozzles at the screw attachment. There is a weakness there and we are down to one spray nozzle for four bottles! User error!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
^^^
Head to the local auto store or detail store and you can buy some extra spray nozzles. I think even Lowe's and Home Depot sell them as well. :thumbsup:

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
X2 on the Keel Guard...its cheap insurance
A cheap mod is to look at putting a "over the door" shoe organizer in the head compartment. For about $15, you can get some nice clear pouches to store small stuff.

Here's some other things I'm going to do when I pick up my new on in a few months:
1) Install Cobra fins, fangs, and connecting steering rod
2) Check under your Zincs to make sure it's bare metal there. some people have reported there's paint under them
3) Install box anchor holder
4) As for the Anchor locker drain, I'm making my dealer correct that before I take delivery. You can tell by looking at it that it leaks.
5) Check your cup holder drains on the stern. Some guys have reported these aren't connected and will thus drain into the bilge
6) If you tow any distance, upgrade to radial tires. Those bias ply tires are crap and likely not balanced from the factory.
7) Put on a good coat of wax...that'll help her shine like the new boat she is...

:)

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya now I have started to buy the big gallon jugs and just fill up the bottles as they get emptied. The only one I don't like is Vinyl sauce. I just don't think it does a good job of removing dirt and grime like Mean green or Mr. Awesome. But I do use Hot sauce, quickie sauce, and conditioning sauce like crazy. Just detailed the crap out of the boat on Sunday. After all my winter mods, she was over due.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
One cheap mod I've always liked too is to silicone all the cup holders down. Never have to worry about them coming loose and disappearing.

Chad Sears

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Nice. Love the color combo. Get some Hot Sauce for cleanup. With that black you'll get a lot of water spots without it!
Hot Sauce? That is new to me what's the explanation behind that?

T. Turner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hot Sauce? That is new to me what's the explanation behind that?
Its a product by Boat Bling. They have serveral different "sauces" each one for a different purpose. The hot sauce removes water spots and is great for a right out of the water wipe down.

gobecauseyoucan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Traded in my 2013 212X for a new 2016 242LS last week. Shout out to Chris and Dan Denchel of Desert Valley Powersports in Prosser WA. for driving it over the mountains 200 miles to deliver it to me and hauling my 212X back with them. Super guys, and they made a great deal on the boat and installing some upgrades and getting it ready for me. Bought both boats there,,, highly recommend. Pictures above of the swap at the Mercer Island boat launch, Lake Washington.

gobecauseyoucan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
WT Scott,,, Love the color combination black and red on your new boat. I also always used the Boat Bling products,,, Hot Sauce will keep your hull sparkling. Congratulations and we're both newbies to the 240-242 club,,, going to be a great summer!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats!!! love the new boats...one day I will have a newer boat but the old one keeps doing its job.

weaselman

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congratulations on your purchase. The boat looks really sharp looking.

Jaime

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
After a lot of agonizing on boat selection - size and model - we are pulling the trigger on a 2017 242 Limited S tomorrow. Sold our beloved 2008 Malibu 21 LSV for the greater flexibility of the Yamaha not to mention the jet versus prop in a fairly "tricky" part of Lake Livingston - up north in the wilder part. This will take us to 100% Yamaha from the 75% level.

Looking forward to some quick modifications - probably Cobra fins, a little fill-in Sea Deck, a mount for the Lowrance Elite 7 Ti and some other items but mostly getting to enjoy the opportunity to use and explore a much larger part of the lake and Trinity river.

Thanks to all on the forum for the knowledge, insight and ideas.
View attachment 53221
Very nice!!! Congrats

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@gobecauseyoucan

Congratulations as well. I really like the pure white design as well. It was actually my first choice but was vetoed by DW. Since she is primary boat wiper, she had the final say. Spent some time on lake today and really like the boat. Ordering Cobras tomorrow to sharpen up steering. It's not bad but the larger size - especially in wind and chop today could use a little boost.

Last edited:

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Safely home and tucked in with the little brothers and sisters. I didn't start out to have four yamahas - it just kind of happened....

And for our Northern friends that is grass and soft water. We have to remember we will be paying for these nice days with our dog days extending into October.

Took a run up the Caney river today with some pretty shallow spots to get it used to Northern Lake Livingston life. Better get that keel guard on.

Best / Scott

IMG_6775.JPG IMG_6770.JPG IMG_6769.JPG IMG_6777.JPG

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

gobecauseyoucan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That is an awesome looking setup you have there. Beautiful spot,,, boat house or houses , and filled up with Yamaha's finest cool stuff. Congrats. I am waiting to put my Cobra Magnum AK with fangs on before I put her on the lift on Lake Washington. Got them from Jeff a week before the boat was delivered. Fast shipping and a very solid looking product. Going to have to stop raining up here soon.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mmm Love the new boats. Congrats! Looks great. Now go get some Quickie sauce and get that amazing wax job done to her, maintain her with hot sauce after every outing. Boat never gets dirty.

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat @WTScott

If the kids use the front ladder much I highly recommend installing a set of bow handles.
Very easy install. Est $20-30 including hardware (handles from Amazon)

20160522_163919.jpg

WTScott

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
@Bennie - Thanks, really like the handle set up, that is a great idea and looks really sharp. I am going to wait a bit as we may be putting Sea Deck up there due to the need to use the front for primary loading from the lift. I am going to modify our slip a bit but with the longer length, the square nose and the high sides it presents some challenges for loading people - especially those a little bit impaired.