• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • JetBoaters.Net 2nd Annual SeaDoo Switch Group Buy Sponsored By JetBoatPilot Is Live Now. Save 25% Off Select SeaDoo Switch Gear through October 31st.

Click Here to go to the Jetboatpilot Seadoo Group buy

You can delete this notice with the "X" in the upper right>>>

Planning a long distance tow

@Cambo

Nailed it..Those trialer-aids are great. Had one for the camper and one for the boat. Had to use it on the camper one time and it was a major help vs a big ass jack to lug around.

Spare tire
Tire changing tools (jack or ramp, 4 way, etc)
Infrared temp gun (check hub temps when you stop at rest areas, food, fuel)
Towing mirrors if you want a better view behind you (I use strap-on kind)
Air pump (VIAIR)
Spare set of bearings
Bearing grease

We have a Yamaha SX190 now and our first trip with it will be for July 4th.

View attachment 222522
How was the maiden voyage?

I'm going to chime in on a different stance to add to this. You had said that you haven't hauled a boat before so always be aware of the additional length and weight. Lane changes, take it slow. You'll find out how us Truck Drivers view this. There are a lot of crazies on the roads. This will be when Braking, accelerating, and cornering. Braking hard if needed will take a longer distance. Accelerating, you'll find out quickly that that will not happen. But cornering I'll say is that most don't think about it. Always watch the trailer tires when making a turn into a parking lot or street. A curb hit can ruin your day quickly. Take the turn a little wider than you'd usually make. Never get in a hurry.

How was the maiden voyage?
Great. Thank you. Wife towed it and I had the camper. 4.5-5 hour trip each way with stops. Kept it at 65-67 mph. The mooring cover, snugged up, worked well. Used the support poles. Drove next to her on the highway a few times to check on it. Hardest part is finding a spot for both when stopping for lunch :)

1.jpg

Great. Thank you. Wife towed it and I had the camper. 4.5-5 hour trip each way with stops. Kept it at 65-67 mph. The mooring cover, snugged up, worked well. Used the support poles. Drove next to her on the highway a few times to check on it. Hardest part is finding a spot for both when stopping for lunch :)

View attachment 223314
The 190's tow very easily and honestly don't add a ton of workload to the trip. Glad to hear it all went smoothly!

Floor jack is a must for any road trip. I keep a foot long piece of 2x6 wood in the truck for a base (never know when you're going to be using the jack in dirt/grass/mud. I keep a 2 ft breaker bar and sockets for my truck and trailer tires. A ryobi air pump is also very handy..... these things stay in my truck 24/7.

Back