• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

please help 2016 yamaha 242 LES

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
do you know where i could get those?
I resisted getting the EZ locks for 3 years. I never had a problem, but I was anal about making sure they were securely installed. I jerked on them like crazy! I did have the NERF balls in just in case they blew out. HOWEVER, I read too many cases where either the plugs were not properly installed and blew/leaked, or the dogs wore and vibration caused them to let go. For whatever reason, this can happen and you never know it till your engines are flooded.....now you have big time problems. So I bit the bullet (they are not expensive) and installed the EZ locks this spring. They are easy to install. Took me about 30 minutes, but that is because I am so paranoid about drilling into anything related to my boat, and double, triple, quadruple checked to make sure I wasnt F...ing things up. Kinda like the measure twice cut once theory. But now I do have piece of mind.....those plugs are not coming out. I still carry the NERF footballs around....but that is just to play ball with my grandson :)