• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Polaris RZR XP1000 stereo and lighting build

Earmark Marine

Jet Boat Junkie
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I know that a lot of people who are into boating are also into off-roading and UTV's and thought some of you might like to check out my latest project.

2014 Polaris RZR XP1000 with 14" STI HD beadlock wheels and Rocktane 32x10" tires.

01_zps7f22a7ff.jpg

02_zps3761ce40.jpg

A Wet Sounds Bluetooth module and WS-420SQ equalizer/line driver, mounted overhead in the Diamond Tops roof, is used for the source and zone control

03_zps8970f2c9.jpg

The DiamondTops roof has been treated with Hushmat for improved sound quality and holds 2 pair of JL Audio MX650CCX marine speakers.

Each speaker is lit up with RGB color-changing LED's.

04_zps41af3b38.jpg

In the cabin we have a pair of JL Audio MX650CCX marine speakers, each lit up with a RGB color-changing light ring. The speakers are mounting in SSV Works kick panel pods.

05_zpsb6891423.jpg

06_zpsc3895181.jpg

Behind the seats is a hidden subwoofer enclosure by SSV Works containing a JL Audio 10W1v3 subwoofer, powered by a JL Audio HD750/1 amplifier.

The subwoofer enclosure grille is illuminated with RGB color-changing LED's

07_zps7afde1d9.jpg

2 pair of JL Audio M770ETXv2 7.7" marine speakers are mounted to the roll cage with JL Audio's new swivel mounts (available soon, these are pre-production prototypes). These speakers are powered by a JL Audio HD600/4 amplifier.

Each speaker is lit up with RGB color-changing LED's.

Rear-facing Pro-Lights dual-row combination flood/spot LED bar.

Dual Quick-light RGB color-changing fiber optic whips.

08_zps134b76c6.jpg

Here you can see the front of the JL Audio M770ETXv2 speaker pods that are mounted to the roll cage.

09_zps4c1fb6f8.jpg

A close-up of the prototype JL Audio swivel brackets.

10_zps166141d3.jpg

Here you can see the rear of the JL Audio M770ETXv2 speaker pods that are mounted to the roll cage.

11_zpsedde51a0.jpg

12_zps2bbd7142.jpg

Custom switch panels and switches control the various LED bars. The 3 stereo switches are for (a) master stereo on/off, (b) interior subwoofer and (c) rear bed subwoofer. This allows each subwoofer to be activated or deactivated individually.

13_zps1e8c1faa.jpg

Under the drivers seat is the voltage sensing relay that combines the 3 batteries when charging or when needed, and separates the batteries into 2 banks for normal use. Dual stereo batteries and a single cranking/LED bar battery.

14_zps6b0dee40.jpg

3 XS Power batteries are mounted under the drivers seat. Dual MX750 batteries for the stereo system and a MX950 for the engine and LED bars. Battery bank control is handled by a voltage sensing relay and battery isolation switch.

15_zps0b282a4f.jpg

All wires are carefully concealed within the roll cage. Any point of entry is carefully concealed and all wires are covered by flexible shielding and heat shrink.

16_zps9b993ff9.jpg

17_zps8101759e.jpg

A close-up of the front bumper lights. The outside diamond lights are Pro-Lights floods and the LED bar is a spot. Combined with the Polaris HID headlights it really lights up the road.

18_zpse365db1e.jpg

19_zps57468875.jpg

Here you can see a close-up of the Pro-Lights LED bar. This is a high quality light using CREE LED emitters. The outside 8 LED's on each side are floods and the inside LED's are spots.

20_zpseaa9f550.jpg

A close-up of the rear LED bar billet mounting bracket.

21_zpsd97a1761.jpg

A close-up of the front LED bar, mounted using the factory mounting points for the Diamond Tops roof (no new holes drilled).

222_zps06469e3a.jpg

The front lit up!

23_zps32b25afd.jpg

The rear lit up!

24_zps2905b821.jpg

A close-up of the QuickLight fiber optic LED whip removable base.

25_zps849666ab.jpg

To be clear, I despise you. . . . . But only because I am INSANELY jealous right now.

That thing is ALMOST too pretty to get mud on! ALMOST

We have a RZR4 800, I don't think that we would use the radio much, but I sure would like to have more lights!

Everything was designed to be functional, so it can definitely be taken into the mud, on the trails or to the sand dunes. Wash it off and it's good as new. Obviously you wouldn't want to take it in water deep enough to soak the kick panel speakers or submerge the dash where the amplifiers are mounted, but this one wasn't built for deep water. We have done RZR builds for mudders where we mounted the amps to the roof to keep everything high so it can be driven into deep water. I just don't like cleaning it enough to take it into water that deep!

@Earmark Marine Excellent work Odin! I was lucky enough to catch both you and David at your store today. Thanks for your time both conversing and educating me on my upcoming stereo build. I made it home with the gear, and looking forward to another JL Audio boat! The 1100W and the tips on an enclosed sub this go around were welcomed, and a shout out to @PEARCE for getting me to consider that the playing field had changed. And a shout out to @David Analog for once again, taking the time to explain to me, the goals and compromises present when doing an install like this. That is one fabulous Razor you have there, but if the local guys that read this don't hotfoot it over to your Plano location and take a listen to the DSP style music processor you guys set up in vehicles, they won't know what sounds amazing. Thanks to Todd, and to the rest of the gang down at Earmark for having me in house today! Thanks again Odin, and that Razor really rocks! And a nice glass of vino, good music, and the companionship of the mrs. can really take you away from the construction zone!

Where did you get the ROOF insert for the RAZOR??

wetsounds.jpg wetsounds 2 .jpg I am not hip to these USV's. I have noticed the increased market for them; however, I do not live in an area that supports their use. Can someone explain to me how this market came to exist. I'm sure in many areas that they are used for all sorts of things. Are the Mods more of a "because i can" type of thing or are they actually utilized for a purpose. This question is purely out of curiosity?? It looks like something I MUST have if I had a need.

Here are a cople of pictures I noticed on FaceBook from Wet Sounds.

I am not hip to these USV's. I have noticed the increased market for them; however, I do not live in an area that supports their use. Can someone explain to me how this market came to exist. I'm sure in many areas that they are used for all sorts of things. Are the Mods more of a "because i can" type of thing or are they actually utilized for a purpose. This question is purely out of curiosity?? It looks like something I MUST have if I had a need.

^^^
The Rear Speakers are more for Just Partying, unlike a Boat where they are for the Rider.....annnnd Partying

I like Music all the Time, so even in a Razor, its Kind of a must.......

I get the fact that if If I can make it awesome... Why the hell not! Just curious how they are used. I kinda wish I lived in area that supported this kind of use out of my disposable income.

I think there are several primary but different reasons.
I like music everywhere....when I exercise, when driving, in my den, out at the pool. Music is just a large part of my life. In Odin's case he is a sound engineer with 10 years experience and a musician with 30 years experience. He has a massive music library and is also a student of music, so he takes it to another level. The things he knows about music and music production are astounding.
There are those who like to entertain the group when at rest which explains the rear-facing speakers.
Then there is an element who enjoys accessorizing whatever they have making it distinctively theirs, an expression of individuality you could say. Those with the most toys.
Some are hobbiests and enjoy creating. When the project is done they're lost. Time for a new project.
There's competition among the enthusiasts. Without enough accessories you might have to ride with a bag over your head.
It's not always for the most practical reasons.

I get the fact that if If I can make it awesome... Why the hell not! Just curious how they are used. I kinda wish I lived in area that supported this kind of use out of my disposable income.

^^^ Gotcha I thought you were talking about the Stereo system...

We got in to Polaris Rangers and Razors (RZR) last winter here in California...We go about 2 hrs East to the Local Desert.
We have an RV with a Garage (also hauls the Boat in Season) and we tow an enclosed Trailer with some Desert toys as well.

Its pretty cool if your into the Boating and RV life...great times with Family and Friends....No RV or Camping fees in our deserts...

IMG_7453.JPG IMG_7463.jpg GOPR0884.JPG GOPR0899.JPG GOPR0911.JPG GOPR0945.JPG IMG_7260.JPG IMG_7261.JPG GOPR0823.JPG GOPR0877.JPG IMG_7368.JPG IMG_7377.JPG

Not so
View attachment 9474 View attachment 9475 I am not hip to these USV's. I have noticed the increased market for them; however, I do not live in an area that supports their use. Can someone explain to me how this market came to exist. I'm sure in many areas that they are used for all sorts of things. Are the Mods more of a "because i can" type of thing or are they actually utilized for a purpose. This question is purely out of curiosity?? It looks like something I MUST have if I had a need.

Here are a cople of pictures I noticed on FaceBook from Wet Sounds.

Not so much in the immediate Dayton area but can you imagine trailing these to southern Ohio where the glaciers dumped, like the hills around Portsmouth for example. That would be an exploration.

Yep! @lashburn1 those pictures were kinda what I was looking for! I now understand. I can't believe yours isn't decked out like the ones above. WTF. Better get on it.

Not so

Not so much in the immediate Dayton area but can you imagine trailing these to southern Ohio where the glaciers dumped, like the hills around Portsmouth for example. That would be an exploration.

For sure. I have some friends that live in that area, unfortunately we are just not around it enough to invest. I wish we were. Outside of the water I these are the types of things I want my boys to grow up around. I never had a chance coming form the city. Thanks for the info and I will live vicariously for the time being.

Yep! @lashburn1 those pictures were kinda what I was looking for! I now understand. I can't believe yours isn't decked out like the ones above. WTF. Better get on it.

^^^ Right!! that Stereo is as big as the one in My Boat!!!

I did deck out the Kids MINI Razor...IMG_7538.JPGIMG_7540.JPG

How often do they get to cruise the neighborhood in that? As you may tell I am bored as hell right now. Wife is gone to a bachelorette party for the night. Kids are sleeping. Thanks for the convo.

How often do they get to cruise the neighborhood in that? As you may tell I am bored as hell right now. Wife is gone to a bachelorette party for the night. Kids are sleeping. Thanks for the convo.

LOL!!!!! DITTO and...Kids are at Grammas

The roof that you see on this RZR is something that we sell, it's a new item and will be up on our online store soon. If you need some info just send me a PM or email with your year/make/model of UTV and I can show you all of your options. This roof is an "unloaded" roof that allows us to custom tailor the equipment, and we also have roof models that are fully loaded with radio, speakers, amp, etc all in the roof.

For this build we wanted to show a variety of options, so we put more speakers than some people might want. We have done similar systems - if you are on our Facebook page you will see a similar RZR we did last week with 4 Wet Sounds speakers on the cage, 2 coax inside and a 10" subwoofer inside. We did both the roof speakers and the kick panel speakers, with the ability to play one or the other or both. That lets customers hear how it would sound in their UTV. Same with the rear roll cage speakers, they can be brought in our out of the mix. Some people only want sound in the cabin, some people want sound off the rear of the roll cage for playing when stopped, similar to beaching your boat, or tying up in party cove, and playing the tower speakers.

We were careful to make sure that everything on this build is completely off-road functional, there's nothing that's "just for show". So anything you see could be added to your UTV without sacrificing space or functionality, and everything is marine grade and able to get wet. The amplifiers are protected from water. So it's a flashy looking system, but also ready to go out and play on the sand dunes or ride trails.

Overall, the UTV systems have a lot in common with boat systems in both the equipment and the way we use them, which is music for the occupants and music for the people hanging around partying when stopped. Many of our customers with boats are also into UTV's since the UTV can be used year round and particularly when it's too cold for the lake.

Odin

Back