• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Poll - Possible Central Arkansas Mini Gathering - September 2018

If you are interested in a Central Arkansas Gathering which dates and location do you prefer?

• Lake Ouachita September 1-3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DeGray Lake September 1-3

• Lake Ouachita September 15-17

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • DeGray Lake September 15-17

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Lake Ouachita September 22-24

• DeGray Lake September 22-24

• Total voters

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
absofrenenlutly.
Me, Ajax, Hana.

Claire can sleep in the car, LOL
Claire is tiny, there will be plenty of room!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
absofrenenlutly.
Me, Ajax, Hana.

Claire can sleep in the car, LOL
make sure you take the keys or you might have to buy another truck.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If it's free, it's for me,
Although I'm learning you get what you pay for
If we did stay right now it would just be me and 3 kids, and we have our own air beds
Still trying to confirm what my wife wants to do
thanks for the offer

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If it's free, it's for me,
Although I'm learning you get what you pay for
Think on the positive aspect. You get to sleep for free with hairy Greek legend
. LOL

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@djetok, The Crystal Springs Restaurant will be closed so let's center things around Mountain Harbor where you can have your hot tub.

The Mountain Harbor fuel dock has a small store and Subway Sandwich Shop built in. It is the best of the marinas on Lake Ouachita. I will look for good camping spots on that end of the lake. We have camped on an island about a mile out from Mountain Harbor once but prefer the islands with caves on the East end of the lake.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@djetok, The Crystal Springs Restaurant will be closed so let's center things around Mountain Harbor where you can have your hot tub.

The Mountain Harbor fuel dock has a small store and Subway Sandwich Shop built in. It is the best of the marinas on Lake Ouachita. I will look for good camping spots on that end of the lake. We have camped on an island about a mile out from Mountain Harbor once but prefer the islands with caves on the East end of the lake.
is there a lodge on the east side? She said she doesn't care about the hot tub now that @Betik will make her one. Just the shower we are flexible @Bruce

Last edited:

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
is there a lodge on the east side? She said she doesn't care about the hot tub now that @Betik will make her one. Just the shower we are flexible @Bruce
Let's go with Mountain Harbor. It is the best and 8.5 miles from my preferred island.

We often launch at Crystal Springs which is south of point 4, go to the island at the easmost marker then head to Mountain Harbor for dinner then boat back to Crystal Springs. We may camp on at the east end anyway.

IMG_3521.PNG

Where are you driving from in Okalahoma? You probably want to take smaller roads for a shorter route.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Let's go with Mountain Harbor. It is the best and 8.5 miles from my preferred island.

We often launch at Crystal Springs which is south of point 4, go to the island at the easmost marker then head to Mountain Harbor for dinner then boat back to Crystal Springs. We may camp on at the east end anyway.

View attachment 62805

Where are you driving from in Okalahoma? You probably want to take smaller roads for a shorter route.
okc basically

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
okc basically
So you will want to enter the West side of Arkansas, likely at Fort Smith, head south on 71 then take 270 East to Mountain Harbor. I drive the Mountain Harbor to Fort Smith portion a few times a year. It is two lane but nice scenic road.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a preview of Lake Ouachita. Ideally we will camp near the caves on Hotel Island

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length