• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

POLL Which Floating lift to get Sunstream,Candock, ......

Which floating lift to get ?

• New CANDOCK $10k

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Used CANDOCK $6.5K

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • New EZ-DOCK EZPORT BP5001 $10K

• New JetDock $10k

• Used 5yrs/old Sunstream FL6 $10k

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Wavearmor LX10 $9k

• New Dock Blocks $9k

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why not something like a hydrohoist or rhinohoist? I paid $5,000 for a used 6,800lb lift.
They require a U shaped dock I have an L shaped dock.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I just sold my V-Lift for $7000. Only paid 7500 6 years ago so I was more than happy to get that. They are redesigning the v-lift as competitors have took their idea and made it better. Harborhoist is basically their number one competitor now. That seems to be the number around here anyway for those lifts. My buddy paid 8000 for a used v lift with solar system and a 2 year warranty offered by the dealer. Look into the harborhoist but I’m sure those are pretty pricy too

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just sold my V-Lift for $7000. Only paid 7500 6 years ago so I was more than happy to get that. They are redesigning the v-lift as competitors have took their idea and made it better. Harborhoist is basically their number one competitor now. That seems to be the number around here anyway for those lifts. My buddy paid 8000 for a used v lift with solar system and a 2 year warranty offered by the dealer. Look into the harborhoist but I’m sure those are pretty pricy too
Yeah my Harborhoist dealer wants $14,000 for a new one.

Ilmmct

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a Jetdock for my kayaks and rowboat. Great quality product, but I am not sure with the very thin gel coat on our boats, if I’d subject the underside to repeated beachings on the Jetdock unless the system you are looking at has keel rollers.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds about right. V lift New is about 11,250 now my dealer said.
If I could find a new one for 11,250 I would buy one none of my local dealers have any v lifts or access to one.

Jgorm

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't know the brand, but the one with the interconnecting floating pieces with the bladder below is the coolest. Then you can walk around the boat easily. The hydrohoist is cheap and reliable. The two floats make it easier to get into the boat than the floating interconnecting kind, but it's harder to get to the other side.

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I believe a few members here use airdock they can prob give y0u reviews.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No sure if my marina would allow an dock but I could ask it wasn’t really what I was looking for. I may just wait till the off season and what pops up used if nothing try and catch a boat show special on a lift or something

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@elcue so I have found a used V Lift at a very reasonable price. What was your overall impression of it I know you just sold yours is there a reason you did? Anything special I should check when looking at the used one?

elcue

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Best thing I bought. Never had an issue in 6 years just replaced batteries. I originally bought it because I was keeping my boat at my fathers house and he has a cantilever dock so I was in need of a tie up. Also he didn't want his view blocked by a big ugly lift. This was brand new at the time I figured I give it a shot. I also knew I would buy my own house in the near future so all I did was tie it to my boat and tow to my new house. I was more than pleased with it. It checked everything that I need and never failed so I can recommend it. I'm not mechanical at all but mine was in salt water so I just sprayed some WD-40 on the blowers frequently. Maybe just check to see if they aren't corroded and the seals are still good. I honestly didn't do anything to it and would call the dealer if anything were to go wrong. Luckily nothing did only called him to replace batteries. I got a tritoon is the reason I sold mine. I know for a few years after the original they changed the materials used and the lift didn't have the 7000lbs capacity. I remember asking my dealer that he wasn't pleased not sure what year though. Maybe see the year manufactured and find out if it was one of those years with cheaper materials.