• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Port engine not turning over

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That would make sense. Also, if that does not fix it, check the battery connections and the starter connections. I have seen one of those corroded or loose cause similar issues. I would do that before jumping direct, etc.--a much easier fix if that is it.

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok so I’m feeling like a tool. It was a very slightly loose bolt on the backside of my battery switch box. It was letting some power get through but not enough. I definitely should’ve done a better job of diagnosing before I jumped on here. I’d never seen a starter just half work like that. It’s either all or nothing. My brain was already straight to the engine is seized and the starter can’t turn it. I always jump to the worst case scenario. Electrical is definitely not my strong suit though. I didn’t see your message about the picture till I already had it back bolted up. It’s a terminal block with bus type jumpers and wires coming in and out. I might take it back off and put some NO OX on those terminals and take a pic for you. Thank you all for your input and trying to help me out. Hopefully I can return the favor someday.

Attachments

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ok so I’m feeling like a tool. It was a very slightly loose bolt on the backside of my battery switch box. It was letting some power get through but not enough. I definitely should’ve done a better job of diagnosing before I jumped on here. I’d never seen a starter just half work like that. It’s either all or nothing. My brain was already straight to the engine is seized and the starter can’t turn it. I always jump to the worst case scenario. Electrical is definitely not my strong suit though. I didn’t see your message about the picture till I already had it back bolted up. It’s a terminal block with bus type jumpers and wires coming in and out. I might take it back off and put some NO OX on those terminals and take a pic for you. Thank you all for your input and trying to help me out. Hopefully I can return the favor someday.

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
So I just get it back in the water in the marina which is very grassy. I left it idling while parking the truck. I got an overtemp alarm when I got back. I pulled out and got some grass out of the clean outs. Both pissers are going good. Oil is good. Everything seems to be great but I can’t get the alarm off. I’m out on the lake right now. I’m trying to run it so it resets itself. It’s got oil, water to cool and air. Should be ok to run I think. Anyone know how to clear the alarm?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would shut it down, drop an anchor, and give it a good going over. Let it cool a bit. Recheck your cleanout ports while you wait. Then check oil. Give it about 10 min or so before you restart.

There is a trick to restarting a few times with the connext, too, to get something to reset--but I don't remember it. Maybe someone with a connext can @HELP us...

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I took it out of the water for a couple of hours and let her cool. I’m gonna try and anchor her too and try again. The guy at the dealership said kill batteries, start, turn off, repeat 5 times. Idk if he was talking out his ass. Just been having a hell of a week with the boat😢

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No, that is part of that reset thing about which I was speaking. That is not just bs. Do that with the battery kill. This is a Connext quirk.

JetboatBrad

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
No, that is part of that reset thing about which I was speaking. That is not just bs. Do that with the battery kill. This is a Connext quirk.
Ok I’ll do try it again. I don’t think I did it right the first time. I don’t know if you need to kill it by push buttons or key or does it matter?

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think the kill is actually turn the batteries off, like by the ACR switch or by disconnecting... But, again, I don't have one of those fancy electronic boats (thank God...), so I have never done the routine.