• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Possible "2015" pics

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The patent was filed in 2012. . . .
Even if the patent wasn't filed they still had to do research and develope the idea into something before spending the money on a patent. I'm sure this has been in the works for years.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Many things are released with "patent pending". I would be the first to think that there are no big changes, but after the Boattest teaser video, it appears there has to be a change that would win over the traditional I/O folks. Since low speed steering is one of the big knocks on the boats and they have been trying to address it via TDE and apparently this patent, I don't think it is a huge jump to think it is steering related. Regardless, it only makes me that much more anxious to find out.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Even if the patent wasn't filed they still had to do research and develope the idea into something before spending the money on a patent. I'm sure this has been in the works for years.
I agree. I should have elaborated on the above comment. Just because it was "Approved" this year means nothing since it was filed in 2012, likely with years of research prior.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We'll know soon enough! :). Regarding patents, if I went by everything that I saw get filed for a patent... I would be expecting some seriously crazy shit from Apple right now.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We'll know soon enough! :). Regarding patents, if I went by everything that I saw get filed for a patent... I would be expecting some seriously crazy shit from Apple right now.
Lol. I think Apple just likes to lock up ideas.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Well it's a lot more than a color change. They are insane!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Looks like a taller freeboard and the swim deck not so close to the water, could be an illusion in that pic.
One of the features we enjoy about our boat is the swim deck low on the water.
I would hope that the new designs don't significantly raise the lower swim deck above the water.
Would like to see a bit more space in the cockpit for the swiveling captains chairs to turn in.
The radio on the 190's is located in the glove box, I like the location on the dashboard on the larger boats, seems more user friendly. That would be a good change for the single engine boats.