• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Potential Buyers Beware

Boatinmama14

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As many of you know, 2021 models are extremely difficult to come by at the moment. After spending an entire day yesterday calling dealers, I finally found a dealer that says they have a 2021 AR210 in stock, Ridenow powersports in Jacksonville.
Following a finance interview over the phone with a Yamaha rep, I get a call from ridenow that I’m approved for the purchase.

I am from Indiana and asked them to please email me the details and they are stating they cannot do so due to legal/fraud protection but when I come into the store they have multiple lender offers for me to review...After further review of the dealer’s profile on the BBB it seems multiple potential buyers have agreed on a unit at the dealer to discover once they got to the dealer the unit was no longer available. I have a feeling that is what this dealer is trying to do with me as well (also told me no paperwork could be signed unless I was at the dealer in person).

Just wanted to put this out there for anyone else trying as hard as I was to get a 2021 model. Please delete if not appropriate, but thought others should be aware and don’t fall into the same trap as I did.
Hey there, so I actually work at Ridenow in Jax. I do want to apologize for how this was communicated. It is standard of practice, and our company policy not to provide any of that information over the phone. With that being said we do typically work with customers based on where they are at. Who did you speak with here?
I have done many out of state deals, and those are usually the only ones that we do go over the information. Paperwork has to be done most of the time as well in store because we are not signed on for any of the digital signing platforms. On a case by case basis I have sent paperwork to be signed but they don`t always come back signed like they are supposed to.
I wish I had seen this sooner, again I am sorry for your experience. We most definitely expect better.

Jjones-stevens_2020

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey there, so I actually work at Ridenow in Jax. I do want to apologize for how this was communicated. It is standard of practice, and our company policy not to provide any of that information over the phone. With that being said we do typically work with customers based on where they are at. Who did you speak with here?
I have done many out of state deals, and those are usually the only ones that we do go over the information. Paperwork has to be done most of the time as well in store because we are not signed on for any of the digital signing platforms. On a case by case basis I have sent paperwork to be signed but they don`t always come back signed like they are supposed to.
I wish I had seen this sooner, again I am sorry for your experience. We most definitely expect better.
Hello! I appreciate you taking the time to respond, no apologies needed on your part as I assume I wasn’t dealing with you. I don’t want to provide a name on a public thread, I will send you a PM!