• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Potential new 2019 SX190

Farmdog267

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I came from a 2005 Four Winns 170 Horizon bow rider with a 3.0 i/o. I was mostly concerned with how the boat would drive and honestly was wishing I could have gotten the boat with a outboard. I purchased my 2018 SX190 from the Atlantic City boat show last spring and it took some getting used to driving and handling but after thrust vectors and the Reverse nozzle upgrade, its made quite a difference. The open seating on the yamaha compared to the other brands was another big win in why I chose yamaha. Plus I trust their engines and I have a great local dealer.

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well picked up the boat yesterday, now have to wait for the warmer weather. But not even having the boat in my possession for a full day had an issue pop up. Took the removalable seat cushion off the engine hatch and one of the rear snaps came right out of the cushion. 😩

Attachments

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well picked up the boat yesterday, now have to wait for the warmer weather. But not even having the boat in my possession for a full day had an issue pop up. Took the removalable seat cushion off the engine hatch and one of the rear snaps came right out of the cushion. 😩
Looks great.

Which cover is that?

Did they give you the factory shipping cover? it appears to cover much more than my 2017 cover does.

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the early 2019s , the factory used the 2018 bunk configuration which places the bunk on/near the speedometer paddle wheel and across a rake. They have since corrected it. Something to check.

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks great.

Which cover is that?

Did they give you the factory shipping cover? it appears to cover much more than my 2017 cover does.
Not sure what cover it is, paper work shows the "yamaha mooring cover". Cover was included in the boat show special when I ordered the boat.

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the early 2019s , the factory used the 2018 bunk configuration which places the bunk on/near the speedometer paddle wheel and across a rake. They have since corrected it. Something to check.
I've seen a few other threads on here, regarding the bunks not being configured correctly. I checked while the boat was still at the dealer and the trailer bunks are sitting in the correct position.

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well since weather has been terrible so far this spring, needed something else to do with the boat so decided to at least get my Simrad GO5 installed in the dash. Turned out pretty nice.1B32E713-B696-4676-AAE9-EBD8FB3C875F.jpeg68C10A34-B1ED-4D5F-B7D7-3A7AEAF07E8E.jpeg

Attachments