• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Reminder of the Thrust Vector and Lateral Thruster group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until AUGUST 31st. to get in on this group buy.
    With a Maximum discount of 35% this is the highest discount you can get on these, so don't miss out!
    So if you are looking to improve your steering-either forwards or in reverse.....this sale may be for you!  

Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Power loss mistery rpm loss

Watsx195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
After some testing looking for advise.
2018 sx195 supercharged
New correct spark plugs gapped right
New oil -level good
Impeller And wear ring look great
Supercharger spins only 1 way (clockwise)
Idle is great runs smooth
Clean out port seems good and sealed
Issue

Trying to get on plane boat will hit 7k rpm and drop to 5200 without moving the throttle and no throttle above that does anything if I try to get on plane at a few mph its worse then from a stop
No alarm minus speed comm error which is been that way because the transducer is on backorder

Seems there are a lot of people having problems with the plastic baffles on the exhaust system melting and filling the hull with carbon monoxide recently so just to be safe check the exhaust for leaks clamps hoses baffles etc,

Just checked after your reply and all the clamps are right and tight and all the hose feel new and not worn everything is seated like it should be

ok then inspect the air cleaner element for dirt or oil. or the fuel may be stale

I replaced the k&n the previous owner had on it, it was dirty no change ... I put fresh 93 yesterday...no issue with how it runs its smooth I was able to run out 45 mph yesterday for a few miles had to stop for a bridge no wake ...thats when this started
I did the service for the season also put lfr6a spark plugs in it but changed out lfr7a after this issue I put back new lfr7a checked gap and tested again ..no change from a dig I can punch it and go then it drops back to 5200 rpm about 26 mph... if I try and pick up rpm while moving it won't even Rev to 5k

Update this was the starter clutch

Back