• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Problem with boat surging

Jmiller912

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have an ar240 pulling a tube with one person that weights 90 lb and the boat was not pulling smooth keep jerking the tube. I also have an issue with one of the engines making a loud whining noise. Anybody experienced this?

Danielmailin

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
With a ar240 you have enough power to pull a tube, I pull 3 kids on a 190 without any issues

I have seen this due to the tube having a ripped bottom and taking water making like parachute in the bottom and creating additional resistance.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
possibly cavitation caused by a bad pump or trash in the pump or worn pump liner

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If a tube is filled properly so it does not drag in the water it is easy to pull if you have good pumps and good steering for all speeds.
and get creative as well

Jmiller912

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply’s. I do normally pull two or more kids with no issue. Boat still runs fine rpms are the same on both engines just the one has a high pitched whirring sound and of course the surging. Tube is same as it always is.

Jmiller912

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I pulled the pump yesterday and everything looked great. Any ideas what else it could be?