• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Progressive insurance

Craaaiiiggg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Hey gang, first post here. I'm loving this group...the suggestions, tips.and general sense of community. As a new boat owner on a new boat (16 212ss) and coming from the PWC side, I needed to do a little research on protecting my new toy. OH, and for point of reference, I'm located in the Sarasota, west coast of Florida area. So, looked at 4 carriers including the 2 I already have for auro and motorcycle. By a decent amount, Progressive came back with the best value of cost and coverage right at $758/yr PIF. 2 weeks later I received a bill for $620 as a policy adjustment taking my premium up to $1378/yr. What I learned is for some reason the boat I'D originally shows a 190/192 in the system....then In the new/higher premium a discrepancy in toral HP (showing 380), 40 more than actual. After all said and done we dropped down a bit to $976/yr...still comparable to what I saw out there. So heads up, if you feel like you're paying more than you should...you just might be. See ya on the water!!!

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I got my boat in FL Progressive was the highest rate by far, about twice as high as others that I called, and all info was correct. I wound up with Geico, the coverage is actually Seaworthy.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
i went with BoatUS who uses Geico as their underwriter. I pay $377/year for my 2016 AR192 with $500k liability ($390 deductible), $939,800 fuel spill coverage, $3,000 for the galvanized trailer ($50 deductible), $3,000 personal property. This is with their top tier Yacht policy which is a total cost replacement policy. Covers me for all US inland lakes and US/Canada coastal.

We have everything else with State Farm but their quote was like 3x as much. Crazy!

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
From my experience Progressive is dirt cheap on jet ski's, for boats they are way expensive. We pay $ 363.00 per year with State Farm, granted we have been insured with them for 25+years and have every discount they offer.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@Craaaiiiggg
Welcome aboard! I have my insurance with USAA/Progressive at $510.00 a year in North Florida

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Wow!! I just got my insurance last week, and went with Progressive. $283.00 yr. I checked putting it on our MetLife policy that we have our cars and homeowners insurance through. I was quoted $5xx.00. I have Progressive on three of my motorcycles, so maybe that makes a difference.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
http://www.skisafe.com

Saved me a good bit over my USAA/Progressive rate. That was even going from my AR192 to the Moomba.

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
@Matt J your gonna make me have to shop around. I added mine to my other All State policies. $679 a year. I thought it sounded high. My old Sea Doo Challenger was only $225.

Scott griffith

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SR
Boat Length
I just checked the skisafe link and they quoted me 150 a year but liability only may have to give them a call tomorrow. I know mine is going to be high with most people being that mine is older

Matt J

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Matt J your gonna make me have to shop around. I added mine to my other All State policies. $679 a year. I thought it sounded high. My old Sea Doo Challenger was only $225.
Yes, prob a good idea.....My rate is with a recent speeding ticket I got in Georgia driving back from Siesta Key, Fl. If I remember correctly, that raised it by $30.00 or something close to that.

Last edited:

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The big difference is in where you live. We pay out the ass in Florida! It is not cheap to buy all the news airtime we need to report all the crazy things done by the wack jobs living in Florida!!:winkingthumbsup"

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The big difference is in where you live. We pay out the ass in Florida! It is not cheap to buy all the news airtime we need to report all the crazy things done by the wack jobs living in Florida!!:winkingthumbsup"
All in where you live, rates seem all over the place on here.

Craaaiiiggg

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I hear ya brother...I've been hear 9 years and I still shake my head at the cray things I see...I think it was comedian patton oswalt who said something like Florida is the condom of the United states just catching all the disease and testosterone....we should lance it and let it spill out into the ocean. That said the good parts are a little slice of paradise and ripping through the water makes the rest tolerable.

So, just got a quote through boatus..$850.00. Clean driving record and impeccable credit.

Smassey22180

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Because Florida. Most major companies have pulled out of FL for boat coverage (State Farm and Allstate to name a few). I use Progressive and they are fine.