• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Proud owner of new SX190 2018

rayg1022

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for all the answered questions. We made our chose now we are anxious to get it out on the lake. Any tips, tricks etc? I been hearing different opinions about break ins etc. Dealer is saying easy for the first 10 hours others are saying just drive it and have fun?

Thanks again!!

Attachments

• 20180624_175957.jpg
    20180624_175957.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 88
Congrats on the new boat!

I broke mine in per the owner's manual procedure. First thing is swap out the bow roller for a nice Stoltz. You can use the new RP-355 roller if you want a direct bolt in. It's not quite as wide as the stock one or have the same profile but it works as members on here have used it. I bought the 4" Ultimate and cut it down the same width as the stock roller (3.6"). Fits great and doesn't scratch the boat like the stock hard plastic one will.

1. Go with someone familiar with boats. Always bring along someone else to blame when the you know what hits the fan.

2. Use a pre launch checklist. I belive there is a good one up in the FAQ somewhere.

3. Get familiar with using the no wake mode button and small bursts of throttle. It really makes it much easier moving around the dock and trailer when figuring things out.

Does anyone recommend any good cleaners / conditioners for the seats in the boat after a day of use? Also can anyone tell me what this is with the arrow pointing at it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180627-095932_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20180627-095932_Samsung Internet.jpg
    855.7 KB · Views: 72
Fuel Tank vent.

Does anyone know where the antenna is for the radio?

on My SX210 it was in the helm is a flat wire about 1/2" wide.

Is this roller supposed to free rolling when boat is off the trailer? Or have some type of tension?

Attachments

• 20180627_120123.jpg
    20180627_120123.jpg
    683.4 KB · Views: 56
I cringe just looking at that piece of crap on the trailer.

I would consider that roller to be a shipping roller and it is near worthless and could actually scratch your boat. Mine did not roll at all, and it isn't the rolling part that bothered me, it was the material it was made out of. Get the stoltz roller, it's a cheap investment.

As for cleaners/protectants, I have used the Areospace 303 protectant and it seems to be good (I don't have enough time in the sun to notice anything so this is just a guess). I can tell you that the Areospace cleaner sucks, get something else, others on this site seem to be happy with boat bling products, I've never used them.

Since you have space in the garage, I would throw a good coat of marine wax on her...

Congrats on the new boat!

I broke mine in per the owner's manual procedure. First thing is swap out the bow roller for a nice Stoltz. You can use the new RP-355 roller if you want a direct bolt in. It's not quite as wide as the stock one or have the same profile but it works as members on here have used it. I bought the 4" Ultimate and cut it down the same width as the stock roller (3.6"). Fits great and doesn't scratch the boat like the stock hard plastic one will.

I actually just used a rubber mallet until mine fit. Took about 10 minutes.

I also use the 303 protectant. As for a cleaner, I use meguiars apc diluted 10:1 for upholstery and seadek. I buy it by the gallon from autogeek and use it everywhere in different ratios on the cars and boat.

Make sure the 303 for vinyl / fabric is the one marked safe for fabric, as the regular 303 aerospace protectant will dissolve thread, biminis, and boat covers.

I believe there is a thread (pun intended) on here where regular 303 turned a boat cover into shreads of fabric.

I actually just used a rubber mallet until mine fit. Took about 10 minutes.
Mine took me no time since I dropped them off at our tooling department :D. No beating metal or bending to fit. Dropped in for a perfect fit. :thumbsup:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Attachments

• C0F321FB-D69D-481C-B4D6-1860832A04E5.jpeg
    C0F321FB-D69D-481C-B4D6-1860832A04E5.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 44
Does anyone know if the cushions are secure enough for local driving to lakes or do they need to be pulled so they don't fly out?

I was advised to not travel with any removable cushions in their respective spots. I don't want to buy a new one.. so I stick with keeping them in the helm until needed.

Back