• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Proud owner of new SX190 2018

I was advised to not travel with any removable cushions in their respective spots. I don't want to buy a new one.. so I stick with keeping them in the helm until needed.
As long as you leave the center window closed when you're traveling your cushions will stay put. But they are looser when the boat is newer.

Last edited:
As long as you leave the center window closed when you're traveling your cushions will stay put. But they aren't looser when the boat is newer.
I also have found this to be true. The seats on the 19’ are pretty hard to remove and I haven’t noticed mine shifting. Went on a decent interstate trip two weeks ago and had no issues even with life jackets on the floor. I tow behind a tall suv....towing behind a pickup may be different from an airflow perspective.

Hmm I think we may be thinking different. I was referring to the small pad that snaps into place and the two front seats to create a sun bed up front.

So we took the boat out for the day... ran great but the dealer said after 10 hours of running I have to take it in for service. So I called and they told me it would be $200.00for the service. Is there a DIY I can do?

So we took the boat out for the day... ran great but the dealer said after 10 hours of running I have to take it in for service. So I called and they told me it would be $200.00for the service. Is there a DIY I can do?
Do it yourself! Its easy and take less than an hour. Let us all know if you need help. I'm doing my 100 hour service this week.

I do need help. What's all involved?

Oil, filter change

What type of oil is used in these boats. The dealer also mentioned about changing/cleaning spark plugs etc and a pressure test?

Where do you live? I wonder if there is a member that can help you.

I dont have my manual with me, but you change the oil (not the oil filter). check the spark plugs, etc. I'll go get my manual real quick.

I'm in victorville ca. Sanbernardino county

I have my manual but does it explain detail on maintananace?

you change the oil (not the oil filter)

Unless you want to be really cheap, a good rule of thumb is to replace the oil and filter at the same time, even at the 10 hour on the off chance there is fine metal in the filter from break in. It's also just good practice.

There are a lot of good youtube videos on how to change the oil (it's the same as on a jet ski) Rob's got a good video on his AR240:
and here is a good one on a ski:

Also, buy Yamaha's oil change kit with their oil/filter and keep the receipts in case a warranty issue comes up.

What is this sacrificial anode? It says to check or replace?

It's a small rectangle bar of zinc alloy on the port side of the jet pump. Really only needs to be replaced about every 200 hours or so of ocean use and this is a "your milage may very" It is to prevent salts from eating away at the jet pump.

Looks like this
Anode.jpg

Does anyone recommend any good cleaners / conditioners for the seats in the boat after a day of use? Also can anyone tell me what this is with the arrow pointing at it?

Ive used all kind of product but anything from Boat Bling, specially Hot Sauce after each use are great products and seem to do the job pretty awesome. I started using their vinyl cleaner and conditioner and I am very happy with the result.
I believe what you are pointing at is the air vent for the fuel tank

Also when we were out on the lake we had a problem with the ladder in the back sticking we are able to pull it out okay but putting it back in I actually had to jump in the water to push it in is there a way to fix that so it comes in and out smoothly?

Back