• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Proud owner of new SX190 2018

Being a new boat does it void my warranty if I do the maintenance by myself?

Also when we were out on the lake we had a problem with the ladder in the back sticking we are able to pull it out okay but putting it back in I actually had to jump in the water to push it in is there a way to fix that so it comes in and out smoothly?

Also when we were out on the lake we had a problem with the ladder in the back sticking we are able to pull it out okay but putting it back in I actually had to jump in the water to push it in is there a way to fix that so it comes in and out smoothly?
Silicone spray.
If you are in salt, should use something better anyway - like CRC-656 or T-9. For fresh water silicone will do.

--

I need help also. Dealer is an hour drive for me.

Follow the world of youtube guide's and order your parts on amazon.

Silicone spray.
If you are in salt, should use something better anyway - like CRC-656 or T-9. For fresh water silicone will do.

--
Just silicone? That's it?

Check the rails on the sides (attached to the boat) to see if they are bent in or out. Sometimes if you have too much weight on the ladder or if you have it down when you back into shallow water (um, ask me how I know that one) you can bend those. Use a pliers and bend it back. Then lube it as suggested.

Any certain way for beaching your boat, or shouldn't be done at all?

add a keel gaurd, but i really would avoid beaching myself. I did it once and it was a bit terrifying. Its easier if the eater is smother of course.

My brand new windline anchor was binding on the way in.. turns out there was something on the inner slot for the guide keeping the ladder from operating smoothly. I took a file to the inside of the slot and filed away for a couple of minutes. it took a few tries to find all the high spots, but the ladder is now smooth as butter. Depending on where it is binding, this could help. If lubricant alone does not fix it, check for this possibility.

Here's one awesome feature of jet boats, backing up to a beach. Get two decent anchors (depending on where you boat, maybe a small box and a shore spike) then just back right up to the beach. It's really nice to have the swim platform right there, you don't bang up the keel by beaching, and any prop boat owner nearby will be wishing they had gone Yamaha.

Back