• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pump Bearing Rebuild - Parts Pak Kit

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, getting ready to replace the bearings and convert to oil bath on the impeller shaft. Initially thought of purchasing the Parts Pak rebuild kit (WSM 003-627) (2) to do each Shaft.

Questions I have are these, what all comes in the kit? Bearings, Seals, O-Rings? Everything you need relative to wearable items or just the Bearings?

What brand are the bearings? Timken, SKF, NSK or "Made in China"

I can purchase Timken / SKF for $10.00- $12.00 each, get what you pay for.

Trying to decide to purchase all the items separate or the kit, but want quality stuff.

At $40.00 a kit I am guessing the these are "Made in China" bearings, but would like to know from somebody who has purchased one of them.

As a side note , while doing some research on the Timken site, when running grease, the bearings are rated at 11,000 RPM max, running oil bath - 17,000 RPM..

Although 7600 RPM is max for the 1.8 Liter, obviously the oil bath is the better option.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I use both gear lube and grease in my pumps I have 759 hours on them original seals and bearings , I also add oil to the intermediate bearing s as well.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think geoff cooper did a post last month about a bearing kit he bought and his locally sourced bearing of better quality

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Mike Clark How many hours on your boat? Seems a bit early having to replace bearings.

Mike Clark

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The boat is a 2015, this spring I pulled off the cone and the grease was yellow goo, definitely had some water intrusion.

I cleaned up the bearing and area as best I could an dappled maximum water proof grease over the bearing, forcing a s much as I could into it, then filled the cone with grease and installed new o ring and buttononed it up. This summer, twice I got a flexabLe weed / stick caught in between impeller and housing, took forever to get out was on water and didn’t want to pull pump on land ruin the day.
When gettting ready to store for winter, fired up motors after changing oil starboard engine sounded horrible at pump area, prop was definitely riding against cone, mmaybe swelled liner? But going to perform completed Teardown and figured I would replace bearings while at it. Hours 236