• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Pump Bearings Service Intervals / Replacemant

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Been adding gear lube to my pumps and my intermediate bearings for years do a search on here lots of info and on the intermediate bearings if you add gear lube the way I describe you won't blow the seals, I NEVER PUMP GREASE IN THOSE BEARING HOUSINGS I add gear lube day 1.
Thanks Jeff. I dont want to add another maintenance item by using oil. I am over 500 hours and never had the cones off. If I can add or replace with something more "fluid" and still have basically zero maintenance, I'd choose that option.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Thanks Jeff. I dont want to add another maintenance item by using oil. I am over 500 hours and never had the cones off. If I can add or replace with something more "fluid" and still have basically zero maintenance, I'd choose that option.
Pretty simple remove the pump cone clean the o ring have the bow of the boat pointed down , use a big plastic dental syringe like the ones I showed on numerous posts to place the gear lube into the pump and then reinstall the cone.
on the intermediate bearings remove the grease fitting inject some gear lube into the housing and replace the grease fitting now your grease in both is more liquified and lubes things especially the seals better , without creating internal pressure inside the intermediate bearing housing. And as I always say it's your boat do whatever makes you happy. how many hours do you think an intermediate bearing usually lasts maybe another 100 hours on average and if you never changed one you may want to review the process because if the seals go you have no choice. Hopefully it is not too late for the seals I do the gear lube in the intermediate bearings before it ever hits the water 0 hours .