• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchased a 2018 AR190 and now im concerned...

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1st mod to the boat.20200716_142611.jpg20200716_142555.jpg

Couldn't stand how low the seat sits. The bolster put me at the right height but there was something wrong with it. Every time I went to put the bolster in the down position it made a really bad crunching noise. I didn't really like the way the bolster felt when sitting so I took it off. I went ahead and ordered a 10" seat pedestal to raise the seat up a bit. This puts the seat up about 5.5 - 6.0 inches higher. Once I did that I noticed my knees where hitting the dash. I wanted a way to move it back so that my 6' 1" frame felt better in the chair so I removed the limiting bolt on the seat slider and now I can move it about 3 to 4 inches further back than stock. Love the feel now. Plenty of room, sits up nice and high at all times and can go from sitting to standing much more smoothly.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Good Looking Boat.

jgourlie

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
1st mod to the boat.View attachment 126158View attachment 126157

Couldn't stand how low the seat sits. The bolster put me at the right height but there was something wrong with it. Every time I went to put the bolster in the down position it made a really bad crunching noise. I didn't really like the way the bolster felt when sitting so I took it off. I went ahead and ordered a 10" seat pedestal to raise the seat up a bit. This puts the seat up about 5.5 - 6.0 inches higher. Once I did that I noticed my knees where hitting the dash. I wanted a way to move it back so that my 6' 1" frame felt better in the chair so I removed the limiting bolt on the seat slider and now I can move it about 3 to 4 inches further back than stock. Love the feel now. Plenty of room, sits up nice and high at all times and can go from sitting to standing much more smoothly.
What is this limiting bolt you speak of? I am 6’4 and could use a bit more room for sure

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man, 6'4 must be really cramped.

If you take the seat off the pedestal and flip it over you will see a single bolt going through on side of the sliding rail. Removing that bolt will allow for more back travel. The bolt is there to keep captain seat from hitting seat behind it. If you remove the bolt alone you wont get much more back travel. You have to raise the seat up (taller pedestal) to get the seat to go back further. Hope this helps.

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am looking into installing a fish finder however I primarily want it for maps and water temps. I was looking at where to mount the transducer and found all types of scenarios but something popped in my head. Why not fab up a bracket that mounts to the pump? The picture below points to where I want to mount the bracket I make. What are you guys thoughts on this? What is this metal piece for? I assume for some type or rust or oxidizing prevention? Would it be OK to either remove or attach a bracket to the metal piece? The boat is in fresh water only so not sure how important it is. Would like some input.

20200722_180501.jpg

El Comandante

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello,

I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. The wife and I (no kids) have been in the market for a smaller boat for the lakes here in East Tennessee. We originally were looking at a Tahoe T16 but thought it might be just a tad small for us.

The Good: Found a 2018 AR190 locally for $23,900 and scooped it up yesterday. The price seemed too good to be true. Well, you know what people say about that. The boat was purchased by a used vehicle dealer (they sell fishing boats and cars) at auction. Apparently it was a repossession. The guys I bought it from are a family run business and really seem like nice honest people. But a salesman is a salesman. All they could kept telling me is how I won the lottery with this boat because their phones have been blowing up with inquiries on it. I know that sales pitch but to be honest, it is a hell of a price.

The Bad: I inspected the boat and to be honest it was a little odd that it had as many oddities, scratches, dings and scuffs for a 2018. Nothing major but it was pretty obvious the previous owner never drove it sober. A few things stood out to me that made me raise my eyebrow.

1. The fire extinguisher is missing. (see picture)
2. The carpet under the bench seat is not the same as the rest of the boat. (see picture)
3. The passenger console is not mounted correctly. It wont latch either. (see picture)
4. The battery was dead when I showed up so they put a new battery in it. (Why not just charge the old one?) (see picture)
5. Not sure if there should be a cover over the electronics in the engine bay but if so, it's missing (see picture)
6. Engine bay is dirty under the engine. Almost looks burnt? Not sure if this is normal (see picture)
7. Did the AR190 come with an anchor from the factory? If so this one is definitely not from the factory. Looks like it came off an old tub boat.

I asked about all of these things but every response was, "We bought it at auction and don't know the history." Which I can understand. One of the guys did say they have had it for a month and he has been taking out on the lake every weekend since they go it. That explains the carpet under every seat cushion being completely soaked. The main thing that gets me is when I asked how many hours were on the boat I was told, "There is no hour counter, it counts miles and it has 2000 miles on it." I laughed then Googled how to find the hours. So I figured out how to get to the engine our section and found it has 152 hours. This seems a bit high for a 2018 does it not?

Not sure if I am just over thinking things so I figured I'd post about it to get thoughts? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Ok, so all this and you still purchased it?

Did you test drive it?
Did you have your mechanic check it out?

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not gonna get good results at that location. It should be even with the lower step of the hull to get clean water and good results. Yes that is for anti corrosion.

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you are primarily concerned with maps dont get a fish finder you need a chartplotter. Using the Navionics app on a smartphone works great and is easy solution. You do need a smartphone with internal GPS for Navionics.

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I scored a sweet deal on eBay and bought a barely used Lucky 13 cone for $200 shipped. I figured the install was pretty straight forward so I didn't research it much. I was in the process of installing it and ran into a possible issue. I noticed a handful of white chunks (about the size of a BB) in the grease in the OEM cone. I didn't think much of it so I re-used the same grease on the Lucky 13 and bolted it all back up. Something didn't site right so I figured I should post this. Anyone else experience this?

ScottS

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
So I scored a sweet deal on eBay and bought a barely used Lucky 13 cone for $200 shipped. I figured the install was pretty straight forward so I didn't research it much. I was in the process of installing it and ran into a possible issue. I noticed a handful of white chunks (about the size of a BB) in the grease in the OEM cone. I didn't think much of it so I re-used the same grease on the Lucky 13 and bolted it all back up. Something didn't site right so I figured I should post this. Anyone else experience this?
I saw no chunks in the grease when I swapped my cone. Although I used new grease. It may have been some thread sealant that fell off the bolts during your swap. On my 2017 AR195, my long bolts that hold the pump housing and bucket housing on had white thread lock (521?) that fell off. I am not sure how that would have gotten into your grease unless you just absentmindedly allowed it to fall in there. Either way, for peace of mind, I would pull the cone back off and replace the grease. Check the condition of the bearings behind the cone as well and ensure that there is no contamination. This should be a safe and simple swap, don't risk damaging the bearings to save $25 bucks in grease and an hour of your time.

Replacement grease (thanks @swatski): 8 oz EP 0 grease for REDI Driver

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I saw no chunks in the grease when I swapped my cone. Although I used new grease. It may have been some thread sealant that fell off the bolts during your swap. On my 2017 AR195, my long bolts that hold the pump housing and bucket housing on had white thread lock (521?) that fell off. I am not sure how that would have gotten into your grease unless you just absentmindedly allowed it to fall in there. Either way, for peace of mind, I would pull the cone back off and replace the grease. Check the condition of the bearings behind the cone as well and ensure that there is no contamination. This should be a safe and simple swap, don't risk damaging the bearings to save $25 bucks in grease and an hour of your time.

Replacement grease (thanks @swatski): 8 oz EP 0 grease for REDI Driver
That actually would make total sense! I didnt think if the chucks being fragments of the white thread lock from the bolts. There was thread lock on the cone bolts so it could have easily fallen in the cone grease during disassembly. I ordered some grease but it wont be here until mid August so I sealed everything back up. Not going to able to wait until mid August to take the boat out. I work from home so I get stur crazy when the weekend rolls around.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
1st mod to the boat.View attachment 126158View attachment 126157

Link to part? Was it straight up unbolt, remove old, replace new.