• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchased a 2018 AR190 and now im concerned...

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if the rest of the scuffs and scrapes could be remove (or made less noticeable) with sanding\waxing?

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Took the boat to a well known (all 5 star reviews) fiberglass repair guy today. The guy retired from SeaRay and has been doing fiberglass work for 40 years. He assessed the hull and said it would be around $1000 to repair along with removeing the other various scratches on the hull. Ouch! Needless to say, I left my boat with him...

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are ahead of the game! Sleep well it sounds like you’re in good hands.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mister Fister Hang in there, it's gonna be awesome and you will be enjoying soon.

Also on the hours, as a reference point, I am going out 2-3 days evenings a week. I have had my boat sine May 14th and I am at 32 hours on engines. We do a lot of watersports and cruising around Lake St. Clair and Soon to be Lake Michigan. I will probably have 100-130 hrs by the time the fall hits.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Took the boat to a well known (all 5 star reviews) fiberglass repair guy today. The guy retired from SeaRay and has been doing fiberglass work for 40 years. He assessed the hull and said it would be around $1000 to repair along with removeing the other various scratches on the hull. Ouch! Needless to say, I left my boat with him...
That sounds like a pretty damn good deal to me!!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mister Fister Hang in there, it's gonna be awesome and you will be enjoying soon.

Also on the hours, as a reference point, I am going out 2-3 days evenings a week. I have had my boat sine May 14th and I am at 32 hours on engines. We do a lot of watersports and cruising around Lake St. Clair and Soon to be Lake Michigan. I will probably have 100-130 hrs by the time the fall hits.
If the guy does a good job and is looking for more work and is that reasonable, perhaps you could share his information when he is done and you verify the results. I am sure the would be some interest from members here whom are within his range.

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I will do that for sure. He said my boat is second in line and should have it ready by 4th of July weekend.

marcham

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Sounds like a reasonable price to me.

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another question. I notice my AR190 has Wet Sounds speakers. Is that factory? Did the 2018's come with Wet Sounds speakers?

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also notice some scuffing on the wake tower where it looks like speaker brackets were mounted. With that and the Wet Sounds I guess that would rule out being a rental right? I mean, who upgrades the audio in a rental boat?

Inthrustwetrust

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also notice some scuffing on the wake tower where it looks like speaker brackets were mounted. With that and the Wet Sounds I guess that would rule out being a rental right? I mean, who upgrades the audio in a rental boat?
Ya probably not. Most rentals (at least near me) don’t have lifts either, and I’m in salt water. (assuming that hull damage is from a lift) Granted most of the rentals are pontoons and fishing boats with out boards, and you can tell by mid summer the hulls just sit in the water because they look horrible. Not sure about the rental skis, the have always been in the water when I see them but that’s pretty normal considering I’m only out in the day time.

Now that I think about it, If you are somewhere warm with 7-8 ish months a year of good boating weather you would only need to put 2 hours a week ish on it to get those hours, if they were boarding behind it you could easily get those hours assuming they ran it 3-4 hours a outing and went out several times a month.

Fix those couple minor issues after the hull is fixed and do some good preventive maintenance and I think you will be good to go.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fix those couple minor issues after the hull is fixed and do some good preventive maintenance and I think you will be good to go.
I have 133hrs on a 2017 and have similar usage. I don't think 152 hours for a '16 is bad at all honestly.

At $23.9k, fixing a few small things like this isn't killing the deal IMO. Especially in the current marketplace. Helluva deal @Mister Fister

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
At $23.9k, fixing a few small things like this isn't killing the deal IMO. Especially in the current marketplace. Helluva deal @Mister Fister
Sure wish I came across this post before spending 39k on a 2020. ...and to think I fell for the ol' "you get this price because it's a buyers market " line from the fast talking salesman. :banghead:

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure wish I came across this post before spending 39k on a 2020. ...and to think I fell for the ol' "you get this price because it's a buyers market " line from the fast talking salesman. :banghead:
$39k on a 2020 AR190?

Website shows $32,889 MSRP for the 190. The 195S is $39,999. Hoping you got the 195S and not the 190.

cpthook

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
$39k on a 2020 AR190?

Website shows $32,889 MSRP for the 190. The 195S is $39,999. Hoping you got the 195S and not the 190.
Yeah.. but do you see that lil' star next to that price, LMAO. It's such a buyers market that I had to pay a $3850 admin fee (freight cost) and around 3k tax/ license. They conveniently leave this part out of the MSRP of course and input that asterisk. Plus I live in SoCal, so no 19ft models above the 190 for us. Even if you could find someone to sneak one into Cali for you, you could not get it registered because of our clear air emissions (rip off), I mean, standards...lol. So they have us by the *alls if you want a jetboat out here.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
If you paid full retail for it you would have a reason to complain once you drive it you too will think you are drunk and realize how the boat got all the dings in it, you can always clean it up sell it and make money on it so relax, I walked into 2 dealerships with my checkbook in my pocket to buy 2 new FX HO CRUISERS the first one was BARNEYS in St Pete they had none and they had no boats in the showroom either , they told me they were sold out . I went on line and found two listed in stock at Cycle Springs so I drove over there wearing my short pants and sleeveless shirt with my hair way past my shoulders . Went in to the building where the parts dept and P W C sales are and spoke with a young man his desk was closest to the parts counter. I told him I wanted a FX HO CRUISER, he started trying to talk me into a super charged ski, I stopped him and said FX HO CRUISER, NO supercharged skies. I came out here because you have 2 listed on the internet, he said that Yamaha makes them list nonexistent products on the internet " I HAVE A WITNESS" Not making this up, he said I should always call first he was sort of judging the book by the cover as they say, never introduced himself and he never asked my name nor did I even get a card. I walked out looked back at him and said, I pay cash when I buy things. I was not impressed with my visit there even though I have purchased there in the past. So go enjoy your boat and remember the T N factory was shut down and the orders the dealers have in won't be getting filled. So supply and demand if those guys that sold you the boat had done a little work to it before they sold it they would have been able to get a premium price for it. So the way I see it you win ! And if anyone in the pinellas county area of Florida knows where I can get my hands on a new FH HO CRUISER please let me know.

Mister Fister

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I got the boat back yesterday from the fiberglass repair shop and I am happy with the results. Total cost was $1042 after tax and not only did they repair the bottom (shown in video) but they also removed the scratches on the side of the hull that I showed in my previous post. There was apparently a good amount of damage under the bunk boards as well so I am glad I took it to them. I wouldn't say the repair job was perfect. You can see in the video when I move the camera up and down you can see the waviness where the repairs were done however they did a much better job than I could ever do. Plus with there being more damage under the bunk boards there really was no way for me to properly repair it myself.

Video of repair: AR190 hull repair

Pic of repairs scratches:

Boat fix.png

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Now get out there and float that thing and make some memories! Great repair results!