• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Purchasing Starboard

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was looking around the internet for some Starboard material, seems like prices vary greatly, a lot of places are out.

Looking for 3/4" stock. Probably at the minimum 12" x 24" to fabricate a trolling motor mount.

Is there a go to place to purchase this material from? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

mrcleanr6

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
there are actually alot of people on ebay selling it in sub sheet sizes. keep in mind there are 2 types. regular starboard and the xl type. xl is cellular like azek or versatex. after cutting or routing it, the cuts will have the open pores and it tends to get dirty after awhile.

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
I was looking around the internet for some Starboard material, seems like prices vary greatly, a lot of places are out.

Looking for 3/4" stock. Probably at the minimum 12" x 24" to fabricate a trolling motor mount.

Is there a go to place to purchase this material from? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
I’m really interested in your troll motor mount / thought process as you are working it through. My buddies are beating me up for fishing invites and thats not why I bought this style of boat. 😂 I’m hoping to find a solution.

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I bought mine from a place in fl
Tomorrow I'll try to find their name,

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
PVC board at Home Depot, works great.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@adrianp89 i use that stuff all over the house. Specially where bottom trim boards come close to the ground. Wasn't sure if the starboard was better or stronger

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Today I removed the winter cover and started to cipher the install of the trolling motor. I was eyeballing this area here, circled in yellow, it flexes just a bit, I would think I would have to put a plate behind it. I can get my hand over there from the anchor locker, but the trolling motor in the up position looks like it would be over the seat so no good. If I move it over to the left some I would have to create a plate that extends, kind of like the Yamaha plate on the FSH. Or just mount the puck like @Eric Ballard did here.
(2) Trolling Motor Help Needed | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!
Through bolting and backing plate may be the challenge, don't know how my hands would fit up in there. Of course this spot would be optimum sin the motor in the upright position would hang over the grab rail, and I could use a short bungee to secure it to the hand rail in rough water giving me some extra protection. Also it leaves the front of the bow cleaner. Not sure how the cover would handle it though.

The anchor locker may be a good compromise be the easiest to do and I could change my mind later or remove it if I sell the boat and just remove the screws, fill in holes with 5200 and put a fitted piece of seadek over it. @Evil Sports did it here
Trolling motor mount for Yamaha 195 series boats - Non Fishing | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!
and it looks like on my boat if I put the puck at the correct angle then the trolling motor will extend out over the gunwale and hand rail great.

1616359545776.png

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For 3/4" Out of stock for at least 30 days it says.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
@adrianp89 i use that stuff all over the house. Specially where bottom trim boards come close to the ground. Wasn't sure if the starboard was better or stronger
I use it to brace subwoofers in the boat, works pretty good.

Jerlane

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For 3/4" Out of stock for at least 30 days it says.
Hmmm, I scrolled down to the white HDPE 3/4 32”x16” (I think) and it looked to be available. Takes a few weeks, but it seemed to be there. I’m just not sure if it’s the same thing or at least close enough?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@haknslash Thanks, thought I looked there before, apparently I missed it. Placing an order now, it is nice they do custom sizes so I can get smaller sheets close to what i need. Really appreciate it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huh... I Clicked on the button to finalize my order and their site went done, and hasn't been back up since. I think I broke it :oops:

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Huh... I Clicked on the button to finalize my order and their site went done, and hasn't been back up since. I think I broke it :oops:
Well I guess I fixed the site because the link works for me.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bizarre it won't load at all for me.

Can't reach it on our phones or my remote servers or anything located in Michigan that I can get to. Looks like Random DNS Failure

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Today I removed the winter cover and started to cipher the install of the trolling motor. I was eyeballing this area here, circled in yellow, it flexes just a bit, I would think I would have to put a plate behind it. I can get my hand over there from the anchor locker, but the trolling motor in the up position looks like it would be over the seat so no good. If I move it over to the left some I would have to create a plate that extends, kind of like the Yamaha plate on the FSH. Or just mount the puck like @Eric Ballard did here.
(2) Trolling Motor Help Needed | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!
Through bolting and backing plate may be the challenge, don't know how my hands would fit up in there. Of course this spot would be optimum sin the motor in the upright position would hang over the grab rail, and I could use a short bungee to secure it to the hand rail in rough water giving me some extra protection. Also it leaves the front of the bow cleaner. Not sure how the cover would handle it though.

The anchor locker may be a good compromise be the easiest to do and I could change my mind later or remove it if I sell the boat and just remove the screws, fill in holes with 5200 and put a fitted piece of seadek over it. @Evil Sports did it here
Trolling motor mount for Yamaha 195 series boats - Non Fishing | JetBoaters.net - The World's Largest Jet Boat Forum!
and it looks like on my boat if I put the puck at the correct angle then the trolling motor will extend out over the gunwale and hand rail great.

View attachment 144860
You can't be serious....Tabs, and now a trolling motor? Somebody grab that man's drill !

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Starboard came in today. Heavier than I thought it would be. I bought 2 @ 12" x 27" x .75". One black for around the helm and one white for trolling motor mount and a couple other things.

It's about to get real very soon!!!

20210326_132815.jpg

Last edited: