• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Put the first hole in the new 242 LS today

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So those of you that know me or followed my adventures back in the days, know that I was never afraid of putting a hole in my former boat. Until today, I thought I would fear putting any holes in the new one. Surprisingly, I had no reservations and drilled the hole as if it were second nature. This is good because we still have to add ballast system at some point.

The hole:
FirstHole.jpg

The finished Product (Charging Receptacle):
ChargingPort.jpg

The Crew that had to crawl into the tight spaces to get her done:
TheCrew.jpg

Tow Rig and Boat Together (@Wake08 in the background - helping me take snowblower off to storage!):
20150405_190802[1].jpg

Last edited:

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I drilled inside the boat last weekend, but I am still afraid to do it to the outside as it's so much more noticeable, have the exact same part as you that I need to install.

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is that charging receptacle for the batteries? If so, I would sure like more info on it.

Big Shasta

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
NICE...Lucky you have a little crew for the tight spaces.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited:

McTafur

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Master-Spud . Thanks for the info. Question.. is it necessary to remove leads (motors, peripherals) from the battery before plugging in the external power to the charger?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is that charging receptacle for the batteries? If so, I would sure like more info on it.
Yes. The first mod I did to the boat back in October was to install a Marinco 28210 - 10A (5/5), 12/24V 2 Bank 120V Input. Marinco is the company that owns Guest and now is labelling all their products with the Marinco name. This charger is exactly the same one I had in our SX230 except the labeling. It can stay hooked up all winter since it has a 5 stage charging cycle that will charge, condition and monitor the battery and if the battery voltage drops below 12.8 volts or if 14 days have passed since the last charge the charge cycle will start automatically. I waited till now to install the external receptacle. The pics below show the install from last fall during winterization.

The Marinco plug fites into this receptacle. There is a tab on the plug that conects to the notch seen in the picture in the back on top.

outlet.jpg

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Master-Spud . Thanks for the info. Question.. is it necessary to remove leads (motors, peripherals) from the battery before plugging in the external power to the charger?
No. That's the beauty. I did not remove my batteries. I just plugged the already connected charger into the wall.