• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Putting away the 190

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
HOA's suck!

I measured my garage door height and its max clearance is only 6'-9" (81 in). Is that gonna be high enough to work?

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Using my method no. I'm at about 82". If you attach a caster wheel to the front of the tongue that may give you the extra room you need.

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Njmr2fan, do you mean a caster wheel other than the folding crank/caster wheel?

If so that's a real bummer. I was hoping to get it to fit without issues, since we'll be bringing it home from the lake after Labor Day weekend and won't have time to mess around with modifications. The HOA d-bags will be coming out of th woodwork.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What if you get a caster wheel and attached a 2" ball to the top of it and locked that right into your trailers ball cup? Your boat would drop another 2" and you should slide right in.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have a 6'9" clearance and drop my tongue down on my floor jack. Then push the boat in until the tower pivot point clears the header, then jack it back up and push it the rest of the way in on the tongue jack wheel. To make it extra annoying I have plenty of room in the garage (35 ft deep) whoever built it saw no reason to put in an 8 foot door.:rolleyes: If you only have an SX I can't imagine you'd have issues at that height. You might have to disconnect from your vehicle and push in on the jack wheel, but shouldn't need to go lower than that.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RiverRat If I had that garage I'd just raise the header and add a door layer if it were possible. How tall are your garage ceilings? Mine are 12 footers.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@njmr2fan Mine are 9 foot, so a raised header is definitely in my future. I plan on putting in an 8 ft door. Just too busy boating when it's nice out to get it done. Maybe this fall...

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpg Stinkin' HOA got me:)
It has been in the driveway for a couple weeks, but I've been dealing with the insurance to come out to inspect/take photos, taking it to get an estimate, taking it to the lake....so really it hasn't sat there much more than 48 hours at one time without being moved somewhere.
It looks a whole lot more presentable sitting in the driveway than some of the vehicles I see sitting in driveways and on the street around the neighborhood.
They wrote me up the day that I took it to storage:-/

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wayloncle thats ^ A Bummer. I heard our HOA will allow 3 days in the driveway max. For me its acceptable because its not bad being out for 3 days and then being put away. And during summer when its out at the lake for an entire day no one sees it in the driveway... Makes em think. Was that out yesterday or two days ago.... hmmmm.

S6T6

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I may try to drop it down as suggested, but I'm on a slope into my garage (detached garage in alley) so man-handling it could be difficult once the coupler is detached from the truck. I'll have to measure it on the trailer once we're are back to the lake to get more exact measurements.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
No HOA in my neighborhood just city ordanances . Park it on the street for 3 days is ok. Park it on your front yard / auxiliary drive way and it's a a $150 fine immediately effective with 10 days to cure / move it or get another ticket. I sure wish I didn't know that. Sorry for the rant.

Great write up/ pics. Congrats on the indoor storage without a big incremental spend.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Dang @malibu Dan that is what you call tight. I have a 8 foot door and thought I was tight lol. I dig where the dart board sits and am still digging the color on the 2017. I like the more black than the dark gray and just black hull I have on the 16. I also can't imagine how pretty it must be to boat in Vancouver.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
View attachment 54525
Yes...if your asking about the 19fts
Nice! Yes definitely talking about 19ft's...my only concern is that my driveway is slanted, not too badly but it is. However; it seems like that would make it easier to back into the garag because my garages has very tall ceilings and the angle would make sense. I see you have yours parked front first, did you do that with a dolly or...?

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Nice! Yes definitely talking about 19ft's...my only concern is that my driveway is slanted, not too badly but it is. However; it seems like that would make it easier to back into the garag because my garages has very tall ceilings and the angle would make sense. I see you have yours parked front first, did you do that with a dolly or...?
After getting the tires deflated a bit and on wheel dollys I wrapped a tow strap around the trailer and pretty much did a " tug of war" thing for an hour until it was where I wanted it. Tricky part was moving it around the garage ceiling support pole which is towards the stern on the port side in the pic...

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Alright! Need votes please..will a 2017 AR190 fit? "YES" or "No"? Here's a pic of my garage. As you can see, my driveway is slanted and my garage opening is arched. At the lowest height, I am measuring 7'3. I'd like to put the boat where the 'stang is currently parked or in my third stall which you can't see here but is on the opposite side of the garage. Same measurements...Oh! And I'm driving 2.5 hours to pick up the boat, there is no return policy if it doesn't fit so I'll be SOL if it can't go in. Thoughts? No pressure!! LOL!!

Attachments

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes I think you will be fine. You can always do what @haknslash did. I am sure he will direct you to the thread to undo the cables that hold the tower.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Alright! Need votes please..will a 2017 AR190 fit? "YES" or "No"? Here's a pic of my garage. As you can see, my driveway is slanted and my garage opening is arched. At the lowest height, I am measuring 7'3. I'd like to put the boat where the 'stang is currently parked or in my third stall which you can't see here but is on the opposite side of the garage. Same measurements...Oh! And I'm driving 2.5 hours to pick up the boat, there is no return policy if it doesn't fit so I'll be SOL if it can't go in. Thoughts? No pressure!! LOL!!
It will fit but you will need to remove the stop washers for the tower. You can get some 1" threaded 1/4-20 hex spacers, bolts, washers and nuts and make an extension to the cable so it will allow you to lower it and adjust so it stops just above the steering wheel. This will give you plenty of room. Mine fits in an 83" opening after doing the tower mod and I do not deflate my tires or anything other than have the jack in the lowest position it can still roll. Here's how you remove the washers...