• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Questions about possible AR192 purchase

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I love my 192, but I mostly run with 2 adults and 3 small kids. I run 48-51mph with that load depending on the weather. With 5 adults and 3 small kids I'm at 40-41mph.

No way I could be happy with my 192 if I had 5 or more adults in the boat regularly. You really don't want to see the gas bill of a heavily loaded 192.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Fuel efficiency can't be worse than a carbureted 351 Windsor. I can easily burn 15-20 gallons by mid morning if we're wakeboarding.

Boat show is this weekend at the convention center. I should have a better idea of what we want shortly.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I love my AR-192 and it is perfect for my family of four and sometimes a couple of friends. However if I could afford a 212 or 242 and had a larger tow vehicle I would of went that route.

Pinhacker71

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Had a 192. Sold it because it was a fuel hog when loaded down. 6 people got crowded quick. Bought a scarab 215 hoi and love it. Huge difference. Got a good price or I would have looked harder at the 212x. You will be surprised at how much gas the 192 consumes when loaded.

Christian Rodriguez

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Reason I have the 192 is because I tow with a wrangler, if not I would have gone bigger. It's a hog when loaded with 8 people, and the steering gets iffy with all the weight but cobra fins get rid of that problem. It's perfect to go to the sandbar and back, and when I do wakeboarding or tubing it's usually no more than 5-6 of us