• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Quick question on charger hook up

Just disconnect the wire I would think would save you cutting it.

The only other wires on the thing r the orange (led) and the black(negative) wires and of course the two from the batteries themselves

I wish someone with some info on this thing would jump into the conversation. You can lock out the dvsr but without looking at how it is set up, I can't tell you how. But I am guessing it is pretty simple.

I was hoping so too. But I agree it can't b that hard and like I said worse case is I put the wire back together and figure it out later.

Got an idea. Turn off the switch, disconnect charger to house battery. Turn on charger to start battery, measure voltage on house battery. If you see battery voltage, then the dvsr is
not in play, if you see charger voltage of 14+ volts, them it is closing and combining the batteries. If it does, then you need to figure out how to stop it, if it doesn't, no worries. Probably no worries either way, but to be in control, you want the two chargers isolated on each battery independently. Make sense?

To check the function and mode of the voltage sensing relay, measure the voltage of both banks with a multimeter without the positive battery terminals connected to verify there is a voltage difference. Then reconnect the terminals and measure the two banks again. If the voltage is the same on both banks then the VSR is closed. If the voltage is different then the VSR is open.
Another method would be to measure continuity across the terminals of the VSR. Just DON'T connect a probe to a ground.

The dvsr will engage once one of the baterry is full, even if the switch is off. There are 3 ways that I know of to turn the dvsr off when charging.
You will need to cut the loop sensor wire, measure it with a volt meter when engine is running, or being charged. (Objective is to get dvsr to engage so we can read the voltage) Which ever end reads 12.6(ish) is the one you DON't want to use. The other end should read 0 or really low voltage. Use that one.
Option 1: put a switch between the loop sensor and hopefully you will remember to turn it on/off. I don't like this way because if you forget to turn it on while out boating, the dvsr won't work and the other battery won't be charging.
Option 2: connect the loop sense wire to your Com on the switch. This is what I did. The dvsr will be off when the switch is off. When you are on the lake and the switch is on, the dvsr will also be on. (Might not be a good idea if you store your boat in the water cause of the bilge pump)
Option 3: tap the loop sense wire to one of the engine's wire. That way the dvsr is on only when the engine is running. I can provide better detail if needed.
I've tried both option 1 and 2. Works fine either way.
Is there a red light on your dvsr?

Last edited:
Sounds like you have a knowledgable dvsr'r in @Kevin107 !

A Blue Sea relay and dual circuit switch package with a slight mod from the instructions will facilitate isolated shore charging.
A BEP Marine 716 Cluster (consisting of three switches) will provide isolated shore charging with the center switch in the 'Off' position.
Some ACR/VSRs have a loop and others do not. With those that do not you can simply interrupt the relay's ground to fix the relay in the 'Open' position.
Or you can do this with an AC-triggered relay so that the ACR/VSR is disabled and 'Open' the second an AC shore charger is plugged into power.
But first you need to verify exactly what you have and its particular behavior. Factory changes products over the years and the functions of various models are all over the map.

I talked about this on my battery relocation video. Maybe it will help?Yamaha 240 / 242 Battery relocation:

Yes there is a red light on the dvsr. I have an extra switch and I was planning on mounting that right next to the other one. That way it should be on/on , off/off. Putting the sensing loop on the switch seems like the easiest way. More often than not the switch will probably remain on as we are back pretty much every weekend. The only time I am concerned about making sure the batteries are getting a charge is when I know it will be a couple weeks or so before we are back.

That light tells you if the DVSR is engaged or not. As for the switch, that will work also. But to me, that's one more thing to worry about on top of 10 other things to do when launching/retrieving. I was also worry about faulty switch that would cause issues. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
@davel501 knows this stuff very well also.

ok went back and read the above post. Im not sure I understand using one end of the sensing loop. How does the switch get connected then? The switch doesn't go between the two ends so it is either on or off?

ok went back and read the above post. Im not sure I understand using one end of the sensing loop. How does the switch get connected then? The switch doesn't go between the two ends so it is either on or off?
If you are using an On/Off switch (option1), then you would put the switch between the loop sense wire.
In option 2, the switch I mentioned is the battery option switch that is connected to the DVSR.

Ok that makes sense. Sorry if that seemed like a dumb question. I was figuring that but wanted to make sure I understood it properly.
Thanks for the responses. Will be back at the boat tomorrow afternoon for the weekend so I am going to do this first thing.

Make sure you use a good quality switch and heatsink/liquid tape when connecting the wires.

I have the switch that was originally on the boat I was going to use. I just need to get the stuff to make sure I have good connections.

The bottom one. Figure since I had it might as well use it. It is only an on and off as I only had one battery when the boat was new

The bottom one. Figure since I had it might as well use it. It is only an on and off as I only had one battery when the boat was new
Good luck with the install. Make sure you update us with pictures. :)

Thanks. will post pics at the end of the weekend or so.

Back