• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raising the driver's seat?

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Flipping through Instagram yesterday, I saw a kit for raising the driver's seat 4 inches by attaching something to the floor. Has anyone else seen this before? Problem is, i got a phone call and now I can't find the ad?

Has anyone done this mod, and is it stable afterwards? Seems like a great way to get off the booster all day and use the whole seat.

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Search for the upgraded pedestal thread on here. Many of us went to an adjustable that added quite a few inches. Damn nice seeing over the windshield while fully seated!

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Agreed. I haven't upgraded the pedestal in the 242, but did in the 232. They are a common part and can easily be swapped out in about 15 minutes.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yes, happy reading. It got long, but so many jumped on board. And it was such a great improvement, everyone wanted to share their experience.

I think the biggest point made was, don't lose your mind over broken bolts, as it will happen. Don't lose your mind about drilling and tapping holes in the floor as it is the easiest material to drill and tap. And I think everyone posted photos, as they probably were doing their first drill/tap job, in one of their most expensive toys.

But once you realize, any mistakes will be covered by the new pedestal, we all moved forward and truly love this mod. And if you are the primary captain, you get all the benefit!

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You know, I did the springfield adjustable pedestal, and I'm still trying to decide if I like it... it raised the seat up a little plenty for my preference. Instead of 14.5" - 19.5", I wish it was more like 11" - 15" That 19.5" is just way too tall, at least for me. I feel like a kid on a barstool, getting ready to hand a fake ID to the bartender...lol Part of the problem is that the bolster is now really in the way. I'm going to remove the bolster, and see how I like it then.

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
You know, I did the springfield adjustable pedestal, and I'm still trying to decide if I like it... it raised the seat up a little plenty for my preference. Instead of 14.5" - 19.5", I wish it was more like 11" - 15" That 19.5" is just way too tall, at least for me. I feel like a kid on a barstool, getting ready to hand a fake ID to the bartender...lol Part of the problem is that the bolster is now really in the way. I'm going to remove the bolster, and see how I like it then.
Do you feel the bolster is in the way because the seat is now too long....too close to the steering wheel? I guess you could remove it since the adjustable aspect gives you the same height, but the ability to use the full seat. Did your mod still allow you to slide the seat back and forth?

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Search for the upgraded pedestal thread on here. Many of us went to an adjustable that added quite a few inches. Damn nice seeing over the windshield while fully seated!
I was looking for a thread, assuming it was already discussed. (What hasn't been, right?) Thank you.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Did it on my 212, I also like to be able to turn more than the stock pole allowed

jetboatjay

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That may be the issue. As the bolster on our seat was removed prior to our purchase. We were told it was broken off on a trip to Bimini.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was looking for a thread, assuming it was already discussed. (What hasn't been, right?) Thank you.
Height. Everyone on the thread wanted more height as the stock didn't get your eyes above the windshield. Or we wanted the same height adjustment as using the bolster, but like the full backrest of the seat when not using the bolster. I love that aspect of it.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do you feel the bolster is in the way because the seat is now too long....too close to the steering wheel? I guess you could remove it since the adjustable aspect gives you the same height, but the ability to use the full seat. Did your mod still allow you to slide the seat back and forth?
Yes, it pushes me forward to where the armrest and seat back are useless. I can slide the seat forward and backward, that's no problem, but constantly sliding it back and forth when I want to sit/stand/lean differently gets old. I'm pretty sure the bolster is the biggest issue, and I'll get rid of it soon.

dgfreeze

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just a quick update to my earlier comment, I do now love my pedestal after removing the bolster. It made all the difference I hoped it would. I can now sit comfortably when it’s lower, and do a standing lean when it’s all the way up without making constant adjustments. Was on Cumberland all weekend, and never once had a negative thought regarding the pedestal.

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Did it on my 212, I also like to be able to turn more than the stock pole allowed
FYI to those who may not know - I found someone posted that there is bolt in the stock pedestal to prevent turning 180`. So I removed that bolt and can swivel my seat around for lounging and put my legs on the rear seating. The seat has tabs to lock in place at 0/90/180` just like the passenger seat. Just slide the seat forward a bit if necessary and swivel it out and around to avoid the throttle control cluster, and it locks facing aft.