• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Raleigh Area Lakes. Jordan, Harris, Falls.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was out on Jordan lake this past weekend for our first outing in the our New to us 2008 AR230. Saw a 240 series and a 190 series out there/at the ramp. We typically launch from Seaforth when we go to Jordan. On Friday afternoons I go to Harris with my friends for water sports. This is much better lake for water sports than Jordan as it is calmer and less traffic. Who else visits these lakes?

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I hit Jordan once or twice a year. My buddy has his 23' proline out there most weekends. @waterboy hits Jordan whenever he ain't sitting back bitching about not boating enough :p

Chadrock

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I spend a fair amount of time at Jordan. I've never been to Harris, need to check it out.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We been going to harris more and more. there arnt any beaches, but its much less crowded and definitely calmer for water sports. couple more weeks and ill probably start my friday afternoon lake days. the only thing about harris is that the closest ramp is terrible. the parking lot is gravel and the docks are too high and the ramp too steep. they are supposed to be refurbishing that ramp, but im not sure when. the other ramp down by the dam is way nice. paved parking and nice floating docks with good ramps. even has an extra dock to park at to pick up passengers that doesnt block ramps.

rsrlegends

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I understand they have now finished the new ramps at Harris Lake Holleman’s Landing. All paved lot with 90+ parking spots.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
From what I understand they have now finished the new ramps at Harris Lake Holleman’s Landing. All paved lot with 90+ parking spots.
Wonder if they fixed the docks and ramp angle too or just did the parking lot Those docks were way too high. I'll have to go check it out.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Dude! this is awesome! that ramp is so much closer to me.

waterboy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
whenever he ain't sitting back bitching about not boating enough :p
dude, you arent kidding... another one out of the house in a month and 1 to go, which is why I can;t go to Charleston, but thats another story for over a beer. Let me know when you are coming this way.

Anyway, Harris ramps look awesome and about time. I hated that ramp, parking lot, etc for such a nice lake. and talk about crowded on weekends. Yikes

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
dude, you arent kidding... another one out of the house in a month and 1 to go, which is why I can;t go to Charleston, but thats another story for over a beer. Let me know when you are coming this way.

Anyway, Harris ramps look awesome and about time. I hated that ramp, parking lot, etc for such a nice lake. and talk about crowded on weekends. Yikes
Yeah it was terrible. I never used it for anything other than to pick up a friend who was running late for friday afternoons. we always made the trek down to the other ramp. I'm sure it will make Harris more crowded.

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've started my friday lake days! will be out on Harris from 1 to 5 or 6 today if anyone else happens to be out today.

Shannon

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Damn the ramp does look good. I will be going a lot more often now. Less than 10 minutes from garage. :thumbsup:

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
"Friday Lake Days" I like the sound of that and will have to try that out!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I will have yo try it out too... Well... Once I retire in 11 ish years!
Mike, come on. Can't you get assigned near a lake and we can run you to your car if you get a call? :)

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Harris is great since it doesn't get choppy as easily!

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can roll with me. Only have one friend with me and one coming later

sethman919

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ill be out again today! going to be another beautiful day.