• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Bargains Raymarine Dragonfly Pro Rebates $100 on 5 Pro, $150 on 7 Pro

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet, I was just looking at the 7 Pro this might just push me to buy.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
thanks for the info @Bruce

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have been searching the web without much luck. I was wanting to see if anyone else has more feedback on this unit, I am looking at the 7 Pro. How is the charting and gps? I want something easy to use and does a great job.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I have the 7 and love it. I don't fish, but I like the down scan imaging.

The maps are good.

The thing I like best with the maps is that you can upload your sonar scans and in a week they will be incorporated into everyone's download. I spent a lot of time going all around the coves we hang out in.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @billyb being new to this just wanted a little reassurance. Seems like a great piece to have and to add to family safety.

Cheers, J

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jluzader, we use our original Dragonfly which is now marketed as the 6 on local lakes and for two trips to Bimini Bahamas. We only use it for navigation and depth. We use Navionics Updates maps which cost $99 per year.

We frequently party into the night on a local 40,000 acre lake with 200 islands and lots of submerged timber. On moonless nights I use our Dragonfly to navigate back to the marina without any external bearings. It is accurate enough that I even know where the buoys are.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce how easy is your model with navionics to plot a new course? Can you just enter a coordinate or scroll map pick a spot and it will plot for you? I just can't find any reviews on the plotting side or how it operates. I'm looking for more of a navigation tool. Thanks for any review or input.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2nazt, you can download the manuals from http://www.raymarine.com/display/?id=10125

The interface allows you to plot a course to a pre entered waypoint, a newly entered waypoint or the cursor position. It does not have the auto routing feature of the Navionics app. I prefer the app's user interface but the Dragonfly's ruggedness and permanent mounting.

2nazt

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tidewater
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Bruce thank you for that. Just what I was looking for. I have a Garmin I use with my jetski and it's user face isn't the easiest when I navigate to a certain destination unless I pre-load it off the computer.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We entered coordinates into the Dragonfly frequently in Bimini last year. It works but I would not argue it is friendly. Just as friendly as entering characters with a joystick could be.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @Bruce I enjoy how we/everyone can count on this forum. With the deal till the end of the month sounds like a good buy. I found the 7 Pro with Navianics on iboats for $641.55 and I have an extra 10% off that down to $577.39 then after I get back the $150 rebate I will have gotten it for $427.39

Cheers everyone... My Hi and Dry opens April 14th so I am looking forward to seeing the boat I have only seen twice so far and had out once.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Jluzader, there is not much difference in the after rebate cost but since the screen resolution and other features are the same resolution I would go for the 5 pro. The 5" screen would block less dash real estate.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Going to swing by Cabelas in the morning @Bruce and I think your correct on the size the 5 would fit better. Plus I would only Have $353.00 into the 5pro

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We entered coordinates into the Dragonfly frequently in Bimini last year. It works but I would not argue it is friendly. Just as friendly as entering characters with a joystick could be.
Hey @Bruce does he phone app make interfacing with the dragonfly any better?

I've been tracking this at http://www.anchorexpress.com/Raymarine-Dragonfly-5PRO-Gold-Combo-Navionics-NA-Gold-E70293-NAG our local Cablellas was no where near a deal on this, I cant recall what (if any) maps it came with.

I'll be ordering this today/tomorow....

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here is the IBOAT discount code

Next time you shop
Save 10% off your next order with code
WELCOMEBACK*

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is the IBOAT discount code

Next time you shop
Save 10% off your next order with code
WELCOMEBACK*
I don't understand? it doesn't appear that Iboat (iboats.com ?) carry the dragonfly

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Last edited: