• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Bargains Raymarine Dragonfly Pro Rebates $100 on 5 Pro, $150 on 7 Pro

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had the same problem, there search engine stinks... But they do have great deals and service.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @Bruce does he phone app make interfacing with the dragonfly any better?
For fishermen the phone app allows you to see the sonar wherever you are in the boat.

If the app allows you to enter waypoints and plan your routes on the phone that would be awesome.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered the same on Thurday, looking forward in seeing the installs.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Here is a good install thread.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/install-raymarine-dragonfly-5m-gps-chartplotter.7645/

I didn't want to mount mine in any sort of permanent position, so I went with a ram mount connected to a suction cup. That setup gave me a plethora of mounting options and its solid, quickly removable as well. If you search the ram mount website for dragonfly, the sell a kit with various options.
Why did i think this would come with a ram mount? Thanks for link

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I ordered the same on Thurday, looking forward in seeing the installs.
I'm wondering what to do with stock depth sounder. Leave it for when i dont use the dragonfly. Or replace the gage with something cool/different/useful

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm wondering what to do with stock depth sounder. Leave it for when i dont use the dragonfly. Or replace the gage with something cool/different/useful
I replaced it with a battery guage. I always use the Dragonfly if only as accurate speedometer. I would be happy to replace the factory dreamometer with something else.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
How are you all mounting the transducer? I like the apoxy method but need to call Raymarine to see if it will work. I think I am going to order the whole RAM mount with suction can't beat the price.

Cheers, fellas

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I called Raymarine and the transducer for these models and down scan and other functions have to be mounted outside the boat. @justason get the unit installed yet? I am going to try this weekend.

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
A local place Clews and Strawbridge just quoted me $500.00 to do the install. Seems a little high?

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A local place Clews and Strawbridge just quoted me $500.00 to do the install. Seems a little high?
Seems rediculous. This should be an easy DIY job.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
I had to install mine by myself...from the water as the boat was on a lift...

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Busy schedule was going to pay for convenience, but not that much. Where do you all route the wires out. Any pics?

Jluzader

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone have any pics or feedback on what is the best route to run the transducer to the back and what is best way to run out of the boat.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Anyone have any pics or feedback on what is the best route to run the transducer to the back and what is best way to run out of the boat.
This thread shows the factory location for transom mounted transducers https://jetboaters.net/threads/mounted-my-ray-marine-dragonfly-with-ram-mounts-today.1644/

Generally you are going to run the wire through the bilge, under the starboard rear seat, through the side of the boat into the console. You can use a pole or fish tape to run from under the seat into the console. Raymarine provides a thru hull fitting in the box. This is typically installed under the swim deck. You will likely need to remove the bilge access that the clean out plugs are built into.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I called Raymarine and the transducer for these models and down scan and other functions have to be mounted outside the boat. @justason get the unit installed yet? I am going to try this weekend.
@Jluzader I have not installed the unit yet....I'm actually thinking this wont be done till closer to June most likely. My may got gobbled up fast !
I still need to install the marine radio I bought last April...and the fuel sender I bought last May !!......

chesbay007

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am leaning towards purchasing the DragonFly Pro 7 (E70320-NAG) . How has everyone's experience been with the Raymarine DragonFly 5 or 7? I am putting this on my fishing boat(the other boat). Please comment on pros and cons. Would you buy it again or would you lean towards a different unit? If so, which one and why? I am finding the Pro 7 online for around $435.