• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Watercraft Harbor - Web Application Launch

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hang Outdoors®, Inc. is pleased to be offering our Watercraft Harbor web application to “Jetboaters.Net” members with an exclusive launch discount and benefits. If you take advantage of this offering, your discounted price will be set for as long as you use the application on our core program.

Our “Soft Launch” went live on 3/15/2021.

We would like to invite you to come for a 14 day Free Trial to see what you think and use the application.

www.watercraftharbor.com

Watercraft Harbor is a Watercraft Management and Tracking Application with a lot of versatility, typically called a "Yacht Management Application".

When I purchased a boat, I looked around at what type of software was out there and found that there wasn't much available and a couple of packages on the market where prohibitively expense with setup up fees. I wanted something that was easy to use the way that I wanted to use it rather than scattering pictures, .pdf files, spreadsheets, links to websites and manuals all over the place. So we at Hang Outdoors® decided to develop an application that would allow anyone to track and manage their watercraft of all sizes.

The application has been designed around the principle of loosely coupled modules. What this means is that you don’t have to use every area to receive the benefits the system offers. For instance, if you don’t feel like tracking Inventory or Modifications, but want to use the Maintenance Module only you can. You can mix and match module use. We wanted to give users the ability to use it as they wish and only enter in the data that makes the most sense for them. From minimal effort and data input to meticulous record keeping, we have got you and your watercraft covered.

The pages and application are built with mobile, tablet and desktop screen sizes in mind and are responsive. Except for a few large Pivot Tables, which are cumbersome on a phone, you can enjoy the site across any device.

Everything revolves around creating a Watercraft Profile for your watercraft(s).

In addition to each module’s base you can add free form markup notes, images, documents, manuals, receipts, etc. throughout the system.

We have an aggressive Road Map for 2021, which is updated continuously. Support and Help response time is same day if not quicker.

Here are some of the main modules currently available, there are many more in the application.

• Cost Analysis
    • You can see where your spending is going.
  • Maintenance
    • Track Maintenance completed as well as future maintenance that you need to do. Based on either a date or engine hours.
  • Modifications
    • Track all the Modifications you do to your watercraft. This is where things that are more permanent would go. Some examples would be upgraded sound system’s, steering fins, racks, etc.
    • Additionally you can add modifications you Want to do in the future so that you can have a central place to keep all of your ideas, info data and links. Like a “Bucket List”
  • Expenses
  • Documents and Images
    • Upload manuals, documents, receipts and images.
  • Purchase and Sale Information
  • Warranties and Subscriptions
  • Inventory
    • Here is where you would track Gear, Supplies, and all items that you can either use for the watercraft or want to assign to it.
  • Contacts
    • Manage your vendor contacts, businesses, etc.
We also encourage users to request new features and data points and if they make sense we will implement them in a timely manner. The application will evolve and grow organically based on the users needs.

Servers are cloud based, globally replicated and redundant for best performance anywhere in the world. All data is encrypted in flight and at rest, with a full compliment of Security Certificates. Additionally as usage increases we will be dynamically scaling the cloud servers to provide you with the best possible user experience.

Up to 5 Watercraft and 2gb of document and image storage. (plus 2gb additional for a total of 4gb for those who register through April 30th, 2021).

14 Day Trial, No Credit Card Required!

Jetboaters.Net members receive 20%+ discount and double the storage thru April 30th, 2021

$10 Monthly (use Coupon Code When you are done Trialing) - JBNETM

$79 Yearly (use Coupon Code When you are done Trialing) - JBNETY2

For questions feel free to contact @HangOutdoors or submit ticket to our Help Desk which can reached at Watercraft Harbor Help and Support

Sample screen shots below. (Data may not be actual and for illustration only.)

1615854484599.png
1615854506323.png
1615854520616.png
1615854532994.png
1615854557035.png
1615854570215.png

Register at www.watercraftharbor.com

Last edited:

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My only concern with this software...

is that I don't want to see what I've spent on my boat! :eek::p Looks nice, going to check out the trial.

I can see this being helpful for a lot of reasons, but also for resale; is there an ability to export the info from the modules to give to a potential buyer for instance, that would show the dates and type of service, accessories and when they were added, etc?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

suke

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Pretty cool! As someone that's been in IT/Infosec for nearly 20 years I understand the amount of work it takes to pull something like this together.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian Thanks. We did quite a lot of work on it. There were more features that we pulled back or held so that we could make it more streamlined and user friendly. As adoption and use continues, additional things will be added per user requests.

We are working out some of the fine tuning. That is why we "Soft Launch" the software.

Three features that I will share, that will be out in Q3 or Q4, are
1) the ability to export and import a build or maintenance history/plan. This allows sharing of maintenance plans or modification lists.
2) A master Global Watercraft, Inventory, Gear and Equipment Database. So if I go buy a wakeboard, I can just search for it in a master list and click on it and all the relevant data and images will populate. Then I can add my own personal info that I want. This saves a lot of data entry.
3) In app Diagram creation and saving. You will have the ability to create Visio like diagrams for whatever you wish. Such as wiring diagrams, modifications, etc. Rather than create them in another program if you don't have it.

Some additional thing that may not be as evident but since we are rewriting the documentation feverishly right now and it is not mentioned, is that all grids, lists and pivot grids are fully exportable to excel and columns can be added and filtered as you wish. Look for the buttons and buttons and icons at the top right of them. Also on all grids you can drag and drop and rearrange columns. They will persist via a cookie so that when you come back to the page they are in the same order. Just click the reset button at the top to reset the grid.

1615929603637.png

At the bottom you can create custom filters where available.

1615929750870.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can see this being helpful for a lot of reasons, but also for resale; is there an ability to export the info from the modules to give to a potential buyer for instance, that would show the dates and type of service, accessories and when they were added, etc?
That is a fantastic question. It was one of the biggest requested features. The answer is Yes in a couple of ways.

1) There is a report generation feature that you will select which modules you want to show data from and it will create a .pdf that can be distributed as you see fit. This is in QA right now being reviewed and tested and will be launched within the next week or so.
2) If whomever you sell the watercraft to becomes a member of watercraft harbor, you will be able to copy the watercraft and data to them, but only specific parts that you choose and wish to. That way they have all the information instantly and can continue on their journey with the watercraft with all the previous maintenance records, etc. Like handing over your hard copy records. This currently can be done by sending a ticket to our Help and Support Desk and after we verify everything with you we can do it programmatically. Shortly you will be able to do this via a Button within your watercraft profile by yourself.

What's also nice is that, If your watercraft gets stolen or is lost in a catastrophic event, you can simply generate a report showing a complete list of all modifications, costs, inventory and gear with receipts, history and prices. Then ship that off to your insurance company as the itemized list they will want. Fully documented. This should potentially assist you in your claim. Also as you add things to your watercraft, it is easy to lose sight of how much everything is worth, so it assists you in determining your proper insurance levels and especially riders if you carry them for additional equipment.

Last edited:

Chatt_Jetsetter

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
2) If whomever you sell the watercraft to becomes a member of watercraft harbor, you will be able to copy the watercraft and data to them, but only specific parts that you choose and wish to. That way they have all the information instantly and can continue on their journey with the watercraft with all the previous maintenance records, etc. Like handing over your hard copy records. This currently can be done by sending a ticket to our Help and Support Desk and after we verify everything with you we can do it programmatically. Shortly you will be able to do this via a Button within your watercraft profile by yourself.

What's also nice is that, If your watercraft gets stolen or is lost in a catastrophic event, you can simply generate a report showing a complete list of all modifications, costs, inventory and gear with receipts, history and prices. Then ship that off to your insurance company as the itemized list they will want.
Awesome, that's a great feature. Especially Item 2 & 3 above. I was going to specifically ask if you sold to another member who had or created a Watercraft Harbor acct if the data could be transferred to them. Fantastic. :thumbsup:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Love the UI. I maintain all of my records locally and they replicate to NAS instantly. The NAS also gets a full image once per month and that encrypted raw drive goes in a concrete lined double walled steel container with a locking mechanism. Would anyone here expect anything less out of me?

I am not typically a fan of cloud options but again love the UI. What is the BC plan should something happen to who runs the back end? Is there MFA? Is it possible to dump all the files related to an account in one step or does that require dumping each module? Can data be uploaded via CSV, Delimited, ASCII, XLS or other for those who already have it that way if provided a field and format mapping?

Also - I wish I had thought of this!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Mainah I have no problem in being transparent in the technologies we use. For those who are into technology, I apologize for the next few paragraphs it may put you to sleep. :)

File dump is done via a request to the support center at this time. It is in our roadmap to incorporate this in for a user to be able to export their entire watercraft via a zip file download with a click of the button.

The system is one of many different applications that is owned developed and maintained by Hang Outdoors, Inc. We develop applications, integrations and systems for the outdoor industry and have been around for about 10 years through growth. It is hosted on Microsoft Azure servers as Web Applications, Azure Functions, Azure Blob Storage for docs and images and with Azure SQL Server and Azure Cosmos DB. The application is built in ASP.NET Core 5 and Blazor. With Xamarin in the works for native mobile deployment later this year depending on adoption. As you can likely surmise we are foundated in the .NET stack and Microsoft Technologies. Backups and Snapshots are continuous and we have shadow servers ready to be rolled to in case of disaster.

The servers can be replicated across the U.S. and the Globe automatically and scale automatically when the load and usage requires. The application is a multi tiered enterprise grade system. The application is Highly Available (HA) and should never come down unless we are updating or for maintenance.

Currently we have MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) built in but not enabled. It will roll out with SMS Codes and Email Codes, with Biometric capabilities with the mobile apps (fingerprint to logon as a lot of apps do now). We will enabled it around May 1st, 2021 or sooner as we approach full launch. Additionally we will not be incorporating social networks cross platform logins. I don't like the concept never have, and the benefit it gives some users doesn't outweigh the risk. So you won't be able to login with your Facebook or twitter account, etc. through SSO.

In our backlog we also have the feature of allowing users to import data via a wizard mapping function as well as other functions. But it is pushed down into the back log quite a ways to be honest. As user requests and use cases come in for it, it will be reviewed again.

Of course if someone wants us to import their data and files we can do that programmatically and we would be glad to do this at no charge!

Our primary goal was to create a real world, usable, feature rich, common sense application built on an enterprise grade stack for a very reasonable and affordable price point.

I also do want to point out that if anyone runs into any anomolies, please put in a support ticket and it will be handled asap for you. My team and I are notified right away and we can look into your ticket.

Thank you,

Last edited:

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Mainah I have no problem in being transparent in the technologies we use. For those who are into technology, I apologize for the next few paragraphs it may put you to sleep. :)

File dump is done via a request to the support center at this time. It is in our roadmap to incorporate this in for a user to be able to export their entire watercraft via a zip file download with a click of the button.

The system is one of many different applications that is owned developed and maintained by Hang Outdoors, Inc. We develop applications, integrations and systems for the outdoor industry and have been around for about 10 years through growth. It is hosted on Microsoft Azure servers as Web Applications, Azure Functions, Azure Blob Storage for docs and images and with Azure SQL Server and Azure Cosmos DB. The application is built in ASP.NET Core 5 and Blazor. With Xamarin in the works for native mobile deployment later this year depending on adoption. As you can likely surmise we are foundated in the .NET stack and Microsoft Technologies. Backups and Snapshots are continuous and we have shadow servers ready to be rolled to in case of disaster.

The servers can be replicated across the U.S. and the Globe automatically and scale automatically when the load and usage requires. The application is a multi tiered enterprise grade system. The application is Highly Available (HA) and should never come down unless we are updating or for maintenance.

Currently we have MFA (Multi Factor Authentication) built in but not enabled. It will roll out with SMS Codes and Email Codes, with Biometric capabilities with the mobile apps (fingerprint to logon as a lot of apps do now). We will enabled it around May 1st, 2021 or sooner as we approach full launch. Additionally we will not be incorporating social networks cross platform logins. I don't like the concept never have, and the benefit it gives some users doesn't outweigh the risk. So you won't be able to login with your Facebook or twitter account, etc. through SSO.

In our backlog we also have the feature of allowing users to import data via a wizard mapping function as well as other functions. But it is pushed down into the back log quite a ways to be honest. As user requests and use cases come in for it, it will be reviewed again.

Of course if someone wants us to import their data and files we can do that programmatically and we would be glad to do this at no charge!

Our primary goal was to create a real world, usable, feature rich, common sense application built on an enterprise grade stack for a very reasonable and affordable price point.

I also do want to point out that if anyone runs into any anomolies, please put in a support ticket and it will be handled asap for you. My team and I are notified right away and we can look into your ticket.

Thank you,
That kind of transparency is quite refreshing! More robust than I had anticipated! To put that in perspective I am in data science and data integration at an enterprise level. Obviously a volume game for you at that price point given the resources utilized and available features. Your customers will certainly be getting their money’s worth. Not only that but by someone who shares their passion where the context will not be lost. I wish you great success with the boat focused product/service!

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Wow. Really impressive. I only have 3 hours on my boat so I will have a great baseline. $13 a month is fair. I’ll just give up Netflix.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@RobbieO Use the discount coupon before your trial expires. It would only be $10 per month since you are JetBoaters.Net Member !

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is so awesome! Currently, I used excel for tracking everything on the boat, skis and truck. Haven't had a chance to dig into the software yet but I could see this being really helpful as a one stop place to track maintenance, mods and expenses for the both watercraft and land vehicles. If there is a way to import from an excel file that would make the move super easy.

Not sure if this is a function of the software or not but it would be cool to have some type to trip cost tracking ability, tracking starting and ending hours, fuel used/bought, where you went boating, ect. Something that would give an easy way to see cost and use of an overall trip.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@JBehrens Thank you for the feature suggestions. Trip Tracking is on the whiteboard. Of course that would be a fantastic fit for when we launch mobile with phone GPS integration and it would have to utilize local phone storage as a sync point for when cellular is out of range. We have prototype using data transfer with NMEA-formatted GPS data from on board units, such Garmin, Lowrance, Hummingbird, etc. It would come down to how in demand those features are vs. the cost to implement and maintain and user adoption.

We began the journey in June of 2020 developing the application and have went through several revisions, putting in features and taking some out. The only way to get software launched is to draw a line on what comes now and what big features will be in a future release.

Within the application on the Home page you can see the Road Map and what is actively under development and consideration.

Import can be done programmatically, at this time it is something we would do for those interested at no cost. The plan in a future release is to be able for users to do it. Currently we have several users that we have imported their excel data for them. If interested, reach out to our Help and Support.

1615994670469.png

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Are you coming out with similar apps for other hobbies/vehicles? Or, are the descriptions general enough that non-watercraft could be added?

I’ve spent the last week installing mods on side by sides. I’m easily going to spend more on modding the ATVs than I will on the boat - this year. Lol

A single application to track all the vehicles would be cool.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 Great Question. Yes. We originally were going to have the system track all types but decided to launch with just watercraft only for now. There is a lot of overlap but there is a lot that is unique and different. This is not to say that we couldn't combine them in the future, or have one subscription covers both apps which may be the better way to go. In concept they could both talk to each other to provide a smooth experience.

Also we wanted to keep the cost down to users as low as possible, which includes minimizing development time, server loads etc.

Once the user base and features/specific usage can be seen we are going to plot it out.

Wishfull1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Pretty impressive Azure cloud you have going on there. Much better than the guy running it on WordPress out of his basement on DSL. Not that I know of any similar apps on basement WordPress, but damn, this is nice!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Wishfull1 Thank You. We have been developing cloud apps for quite some time, it is what I do for a living. Properly architected applications are all we produce. It is important to me and us that we provide, stable, secure, robust and always available applications.

Wordpress and PHP make me very uneasy. LOL

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice app. I hate you for consuming my last 2 hours as I explored and entered stuff...

I signed up immediately. A pleasure to support a good app, a good contributor and fellow jet boater!