• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rear view camera on boat?

I had the ones from harbor freight, they looked just like those pictured but only cost $10 a pair. Being from harbor freight they where pretty much disoposable. I upgraded to hitchinsticks after that. The are three foot long fiberglass rods about as thick as your thumb and the work great. The fact that that are thinner than the balls helps, when one knocks over the other it's not close, it's spot on. $30 online.
Back on track they are absolutely useless for constantly monitoring what's behind the trailer you are towing.

I forgot to add if you are playing with your balls instead of your rod (I only use One now in combo with the camera to help with depth perception) you are probably doing it wrong.

Last edited:
I picked up the Yada wireless camera system from Costco for $140 recently and test fitted it today. So far the image looks good from my estimated distance to the monitor. I can plug the camera in for power or rely on the 5 hour battery built into it. The manual says the camera is water proof in one sentence and states not to submerse it in the next. I’m not seeing that the mount is waterproof but I only need it as a mount since I can easily remove and charge the camera before use. The devil is in the details, I will see how it holds up to continuous (3+ hours on the road) use and will report back.
641C0591-A29D-41F8-A954-B96B0AF4F138.jpeg FD0A2DAA-2A38-4EAD-A678-F0B5625E71AD.jpeg 2036AC8B-E5C8-4926-87AD-CE1F2B4F2D8F.jpeg CA1EA10F-EA0B-41F2-A477-551272D02D39.jpeg A28BACCD-542C-46E6-966B-538D3D95EB67.jpeg

Back