• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Reborn Wake/Kneeboard Swivel Rack Positioning

bradmartin

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've never installed a wakeboard rack on a tower before so I've been trying to find pictures and look around at how others do it. So I purchased this Reborn Wake/Kneeboard Rack. I've installed it twice on my 2022 AR210 to see how I like it and how it functions. Last week I was out with it on the front arm of the starboard side and it seemed to work okay. I'm not in love with the angle that it ends up being positioned, I've tried numerous angles but can't seem to get it level so maybe this is as good as it gets.

I've since moved it to the rear arm of the tower, pictures attached.

1655908401635.png
1655908416920.png
1655908424241.png

Does this look okay? Is the angle good? Any adjustments you all might try? Just looking for input from knowledgable boaters. Thanks.

Interesting post. This truly shows we are all doing the same thing with our boats. I also just installed these (black version) on my AR195 and tried both the front and back arms of the tower to get the right angle....couldn't get it flat either.

I think your setup is fine. I decided to go with the angle down in front instead of up like yours, only because we spend a lot of time surfing and the nose of the boat is elevated. When we are surfing, my rack is almost level. My boards stayed in the rack at all speeds, so I really think it is more of a personal preference. What I can say is that the racks really do free up space in the boat, regardless of their angle!!

Mine are angled up.

Interesting post. This truly shows we are all doing the same thing with our boats. I also just installed these (black version) on my AR195 and tried both the front and back arms of the tower to get the right angle....couldn't get it flat either.

I think your setup is fine. I decided to go with the angle down in front instead of up like yours, only because we spend a lot of time surfing and the nose of the boat is elevated. When we are surfing, my rack is almost level. My boards stayed in the rack at all speeds, so I really think it is more of a personal preference. What I can say is that the racks really do free up space in the boat, regardless of their angle!!
Mine were in this position last weekend (on front arm of tower) and they held up well at high speed, nothing fell off at least ?. Freeing up deck space was a great feeling.

I am running the Krypt Watersports brand rack. They have a special "cut" back plate or attachment point to the swivel that is made for our boats' tower angle to have our boards flat.
bulletlines.com is where I purchased from.

I am running the Krypt Watersports brand rack. They have a special "cut" back plate that is made for our boats' tower angle to have our boards flat.
bulletlines.com is where I purchased from.
Those are nice. Just filled the cart with a wakesurf/wakeboard combo with swivel and it was $439, so I probably won't swing for it right now but good to know. I think I came out at $290 on the Reborn with the swivel. For now I'll just live with the angle being the way it is, but thanks for the info on the other option.

I’m really surprised by that. I thought these were all very adjustable to get that angle right.

The bolt hole on the tube mount can’t go straight out the side so you can level it?

I really need to get a rack and that is disappointing to see.

I’m really surprised by that. I thought these were all very adjustable to get that angle right.

The bolt hole on the tube mount can’t go straight out the side so you can level it?

I went with the Monster tower as it is 360deg adjustable. I sold my old racks that I couldn’t level.94715638-3B21-44A4-BB42-886D7E2A51CA.jpeg

I'm taking it out in a bit to go fish, I'll try to record a video of it all around and maybe that will help you see. I tried about every single thing I could to adjust it but don't think it will be level with the angle of the arms on the AR210 tower. Other towers with different angles it might work better.

I have that rack as well, and was able to position the forks so that they are level on the water. Everything stays put just fine.

Sorry, only pic I can find at the moment.
E4802C87-FDDC-4908-844C-499CFA41BD75.jpeg

I have that rack as well, and was able to position the forks so that they are level on the water. Everything stays put just fine.

View attachment 181047
Dang, well if you get around to it and don't mind would appreciate a closer look at how you positioned everything together. I couldn't figure out a way to put the fork assembly onto the collar to get it level with the pre-positioned cut outs. Looks good on your boat though.

View attachment 181047
Do you have it without the swivel? I was thinking of getting it that way, I have no need to pull the rack inwards

Dang, well if you get around to it and don't mind would appreciate a closer look at how you positioned everything together. I couldn't figure out a way to put the fork assembly onto the collar to get it level with the pre-positioned cut outs. Looks good on your boat though.
Yes, would also love to see how you mounted it. I thought I tried everything, but obviously I didn't try what worked for you. Any pictures would be great.

Those are nice. Just filled the cart with a wakesurf/wakeboard combo with swivel and it was $439, so I probably won't swing for it right now but good to know. I think I came out at $290 on the Reborn with the swivel. For now I'll just live with the angle being the way it is, but thanks for the info on the other option.

Due to that price, I'm only running with one rack!

It's not currently installed on the boat, but will try to take a pic over the weekend if I remember. I recall I only used two bolts to attach the rack to the mount instead of all three. One through the center, and one through one of the slots that allows you to articulate. Both get blue loctite before the first install each season.

It's not currently installed on the boat, but will try to take a pic over the weekend if I remember. I recall I only used two bolts to attach the rack to the mount instead of all three. One through the center, and one through one of the slots that allows you to articulate. Both get blue loctite before the first install each season.
Not using that third bolt on the mount might be how you were able to angle it just right. I might try that out but I'm also not too worried about my position anymore, so it might be next season when I remount it. Thanks for that info though.

Not using that third bolt on the mount might be how you were able to angle it just right. I might try that out but I'm also not too worried about my position anymore, so it might be next season when I remount it. Thanks for that info though.

It did cross my mind to drill and tap a third hole in the right location, but its very secure with just two.

Back