• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Redneck Anchor light

MrWizard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My anchor light failed on the boat the other night when I was out.
The anchor light is receiving juice from the switch but the pole is apparently dead.
So I went to Bass Pro and bought this mini flashlight/lantern combo. Since I'm rarely out past dark this is a pretty cheap option until my tower gets here/installed. At that point I'll have a built in anchor light to the tower so I didn't feel like spending the money on a new pole...

http://m.ebay.com/itm/181658603282?_mwBanner=1

Just thought I'd share...especially if you're ever in the situation I was just in. $14.99 is cheaper than the $120 fine...

Attachments

• 20150905_223837.jpg
    20150905_223837.jpg
    859.4 KB · Views: 17
Great idea. I have seen others use glow sticks as a short term solution to a failed light. I believe that kits are sold to keep onboard as a backup.

Back