• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reduced Speed

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
$430 my ass!!!! Took me exactly 42 minutes to install the cable and silicone it in the transom.....and I have no idea what I'm doing!!!! Worst case scenario, I have Boat US to get me back to the dock! LOL Seriously, it was as easy as can be. I can't imagine paying $430 to get that done. It's a "new to me boat" and I could have purchased those cables online and saved a few dollars but my patience is even thinner than my wallet. If the weather is decent, I'm trying to take it out to the lake on Sunday to see if the original problem of only going 35mph and 6500 RPM's at WOT. Here's what I've done so far since the last trip out.

1. Replaced the impeller as the last one was pretty beat up and bent
2. Upgraded the intercooler to SVHO version
3. Adjusted the throttle cable and I was able to get about another 1/8" inch before it hit the limiter
4. Installed manhole cover rebuilt kit. There was previously water to the top of that tube and overnight I would get about 6-8 inches of water in the engine bay without the bilge on.
5. Resealed every thru-hull connection on the back of the boat with silicone.
6. Two new plugs on the back of the boat just to be safe
7. Installed 4 new spark plugs....regular NGK version the manual calls for
8. New reverse cable!!!! (unrelated but I'm still happy about it)

I'm going to take a bottle of baby powder (Moose's idea) out with me and if there's an issue, I'll douse the inside and see if I can tell where the water is coming in. I removed the small white platform in that area but I'll put it back in and tighten the band around the manhole tube. I don't want to silicone it yet because it's a royal pain if I still need to get in there. Once I fix the RPM/water leak issue then I'll go ahead and seal it. Appreciate all the help and I'll post an update if I'm able to take it out on Sunday.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep us updated on your test run. Sounds like you got a bunch of areas covered

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I just wanted to put some closure on this thread. I was able to get the boat out yesterday for about an hour before it rained. I mentioned above all of the modifications/corrective action I took. Initially, I was getting about 35 mph max/6500 RPM's. I'm happy to say that with all the corrective action, the problem is resolved. I drove the boat for about an hour yesterday and was able to maintain 49mph/7500RPM's. I'm not sure what the exact issue was but it was most likely several things together. Thanks to everyone who offered advice. Couldn't have done it without you!

20180310_122336.jpg

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to hear you got it sorted. With the IC upgrade you'll see those speeds and RPM consistently :thumbsup:. Did you end up doing the ribbon delete while you were swapping out the IC? What barb pipe fitting size did you end up using on the top of the IC? It would be useful to know in case someone else gets on that has a broken pisser.

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Below is a link to the barb I used. 1/2" hose ID barb to 1/4" NPT pipe thread. The difficult thing is trying to find a 1/4" NPT tap. Luckily I have a friend who had one so I didn't have to buy the $85 tap.

Here's the barb I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077D3TFLM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's the Y fitting I used:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017UXEF0A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'll run it this way for a while and then decide if I'm going to run a second dedicated line out the hull.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I've been running a Y fitting ever since I swapped mine and it's still going great. My IC outlet temp is always colder than the engine temp lol. Before doing the IC upgrade the IC pisser would be scalding hot! You'll enjoy the boat much more now that it's running like it should but also won't have heat soak. Enjoy it!

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Then maybe I won't change it. You guys have given me great advice so far so maybe I'll just stick with it.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ran it last weekend for the first time of the season. Water temp was 62 degrees. IC pisser felt near as cold as the lake and the engine temp pisser was slightly warm. In the summer it's never scalding hot and usually about the same as whatever the lake temp is. At one time I was going to run a secondary line but the way I see it is unless there's a need then why do it now? I will say though one nice thing about doing a 3rd pisser it gives you the chance to swap them all out for a custom look. I'll likely leave mine the way it since it seems to be working fine going on 3 seasons with it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just wanted to put some closure on this thread. I was able to get the boat out yesterday for about an hour before it rained. I mentioned above all of the modifications/corrective action I took. Initially, I was getting about 35 mph max/6500 RPM's. I'm happy to say that with all the corrective action, the problem is resolved. I drove the boat for about an hour yesterday and was able to maintain 49mph/7500RPM's. I'm not sure what the exact issue was but it was most likely several things together. Thanks to everyone who offered advice. Couldn't have done it without you!

View attachment 70030
Wow, that is fantastic news, @Banditgrrr !!!
Thank you for posting, great info.

--