• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Regal jetdrive 1700XR2 engine problem

gbadecc

Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello boaters, I am new to boating and bought my first boat which is a Regal Jet drive 1700 XR2 with a mercury engine 175XR2. I had a few outings with it but then my connecting rod went through my block. I am not sure where to start the repairs as I believe I have two options. One is to try and repair the block and get new pistons and rods and machine the block or just get a new powerhead. Looking for advise as to what my best option would be. Thanks.