• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Rejex on new boat?

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I am picking up a 2021 195s it sounds like very soon. My question is do I need to apply this sealant when i get it or should I wait some time due to some pre installed factory wax/sealant or whatever comes on the boat?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Good question. It definitely wouldn't hurt. Is it absolutely necessary? No. I would trust what I put on over the dealer. Post pics when you get it.

EricE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
When we picked up our 212s earlier this month, I put a coat of Rejex on it to try it out. It seemed to make the boat allot "slippier" than what came from the factory. Either way, it wont hurt. But more important, get it out on the water and enjoy it!

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You want the hull as clean as possible to apply rejex so now is the perfect time. It’s exponentially harder once water spots and other stains start sticking to the hull.
If you’re ambitious give it a quick wash with dish soap first to get any wax/grease off.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet. Thanks all
Thanks, guys! Dropping my brand 2021 195S in the water in April. I've got two days of vacation to prep it. It'll be wet docked April to September pulling it out monthly for hull cleaning. Planning on using Meguiar's Wax after cleaning the hull Do you guys recommend RejeX before dropping it in? OR given the wet dock and monthly cleaning will it just wear off the first month?

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I never did it. wish I would of. do it

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks, guys! Dropping my brand 2021 195S in the water in April. I've got two days of vacation to prep it. It'll be wet docked April to September pulling it out monthly for hull cleaning. Planning on using Meguiar's Wax after cleaning the hull Do you guys recommend RejeX before dropping it in? OR given the wet dock and monthly cleaning will it just wear off the first month?
Rejex replaces wax, you wouldn’t do both.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Rejex replaces wax, you wouldn’t do both.
My though was do Rejex the first time before I put it in the water... then after a hull cleaning, then start with the wax? I'm a total noob here.

BigPapiBT

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I never did it. wish I would of. do it
Thanks, Yamahaul. Do you wet dock yours? I feel like that changes the game in the cleaning business. Same thing with fresh or salt water. Just changes the game.

WV Hillbilly

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
My though was do Rejex the first time before I put it in the water... then after a hull cleaning, then start with the wax? I'm a total noob here.
I too have a new 195S. I have been “testing” Rejex on my 2015 Yukon that sits outside. My results are excellent with length of time an application lasts, so much so that I will probably not be using McQuires Ultimate wax on any of the vehicles going forward. As soon as the weather warms enough the entire new boat and the jet ski are getting Rejexed.

the only think you have to remember about Rejex is it has no cleaners in it. Your surface needs to be clean and ready for everything to be sealed unlike most waxes that have some solvents in them. Oh, and don’t let Rejex set up too long, it’s a pain to get off once completely dried.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The rejex instructions address this. Basically if the rejex is still good the wax won’t stick so you’re wasting your time and money.
I put it on my boat last season & Im happy with it. It’s not a miracle or anything though. I think it would have worked best & been easier to apply on a brand new hull.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Some dealers will wax the boat as part of the prep. If that's the case, not much else to do.

If there is no wax, which would be more typical with new Yamaha hulls, I would most definitely consider a generous application of Rejex (on clean surface).

I've been very impressed with rejex.

--

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Thanks, Yamahaul. Do you wet dock yours? I feel like that changes the game in the cleaning business. Same thing with fresh or salt water. Just changes the game.
I bought both rejex and some other wax on here i read was good. I never did either, but i think it was because it was brand new it didnt necessarily need a coat of either. like AZmark said it replaces the wax. I have covered dry storage and likely will do something at the end of this season. which one? i have no idea.

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
FWIW, I polished/waxed (with a FLEX 3401 random Orbital Buffer) my boat each year with Griot's One Step (a polish and synthetic wax), and it was one of the if not the most mirror like boat at my marina. I applied Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic wax (spray on wipe off) last Spring as a topper to the existing wax - just to see how it behaved. I am now approaching the 1.5 year mark, and I have not decided what I am going to do. The boat still looks great, and water is beading intensely. I do not have any scuffs or marks to buff out. I may only apply another coat of the 3 in 1 Ceramic wax - just to see how long I can go between polishing (used mostly to remove the dull haze that can develop and the occasional rub mark from a bumper). I do not believe all of the Ceramic hype, and I would not apply a Ceramic coating to anything (I prefer to maintain my boat, autos and RV surfaces - personal choice). However, the Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic is by far the longest lasting spray on product I have ever used.

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did my first "wax" job with Rejex. 2019 AR 240. Wow that stuff is impressive! The shine and the slickness is off the charts. I can' attest to the durability, but what others say here it way out performs any wax. Worth it if someone doesn't have to re-apply as often. Wipes off easier - though still had to do a bit of buffing.
I'm sold. Next up the wave runners then my pickup. Wife's car will be last. Mum's the word on the car deal, OK?
One other thing.....the bottle says wait 15 minutes before wiping off. Others on the forum say wait 12 hours. What's better and why wait? I waited 30 minutes and had great results.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did my first "wax" job with Rejex. 2019 AR 240. Wow that stuff is impressive! The shine and the slickness is off the charts. I can' attest to the durability, but what others say here it way out performs any wax. Worth it if someone doesn't have to re-apply as often. Wipes off easier - though still had to do a bit of buffing.
I'm sold. Next up the wave runners then my pickup. Wife's car will be last. Mum's the word on the car deal, OK?
One other thing.....the bottle says wait 15 minutes before wiping off. Others on the forum say wait 12 hours. What's better and why wait? I waited 30 minutes and had great results.
I don't wait much anymore to start wiping it off. As soon as it dries to a haze, in time when I finish the next 2ft segment, I wipe off with two microfiber towels, change them as they collect haze; it can be hard to get off otherwise.
Great stuff.

--

212s

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
@Yamahaul I found my new wax of choice this week - Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic spray on. Just wash your vehicle or boat with soap as normal, rinse off soap, spray a small amount on the wet surface (less is actually more here), buff dry with a cloth = done. I know it's not real ceramic, but it's slick as snot and works great and seems to last according to reviews. I like it because it means I can wax in 1/10th the time and get back to enjoying life! It's literally a couple sprays across each section then wipe dry and you're done...wow!

@Elliott This stuff seems to be about the same as the Giott's 3-in-1 but available locally at a good price. Finding stuff in Canada can be a pain as many suppliers limit what they bring in to sell here so prices tend to be higher and often just harder to locate. I had to order Rejex from a supplier half way across the country to get some at a reasonable price last year. I like Rejex but this spray wax is so much easier I don't care if it doesn't last as long. No worries about over-spray or waiting to haze. Just spritz and wipe...it's great!

So I'll never go back to washing, drying, waxing on, off, buffing. This stuff is super easy to apply and is cheaper than many other waxes and it's available locally at Canadian Tire and other auto supply locations.

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
FWIW, I polished/waxed (with a FLEX 3401 random Orbital Buffer) my boat each year with Griot's One Step (a polish and synthetic wax), and it was one of the if not the most mirror like boat at my marina. I applied Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic wax (spray on wipe off) last Spring as a topper to the existing wax - just to see how it behaved. I am now approaching the 1.5 year mark, and I have not decided what I am going to do. The boat still looks great, and water is beading intensely. I do not have any scuffs or marks to buff out. I may only apply another coat of the 3 in 1 Ceramic wax - just to see how long I can go between polishing (used mostly to remove the dull haze that can develop and the occasional rub mark from a bumper). I do not believe all of the Ceramic hype, and I would not apply a Ceramic coating to anything (I prefer to maintain my boat, autos and RV surfaces - personal choice). However, the Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic is by far the longest lasting spray on product I have ever used.
Hey @Elliott, I plan on doing the same this spring! I've already got an electric orbital buffer. What kind of pad did you use? Or by chance have a link for the pad you used to wax?

Elliott

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When applying the Griot's One Step, I use a Griot's Garage Medium Correction Pad; it is Orange.

If you are just applying wax (no polish/no correction), you would use a Red waxing pad (very soft).

If you are applying the Griot's 3 in 1 Ceramic Wax, you simply mist it on using the spray bottle.