• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Removed our Dumb decals

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not to hijack the thread, but... Evil Sports, how do you like the trolling motor on your boat? Have you set up the bow for fishing as well? I have been thinking about what it would take to turn the front of my boat into a casting platform.

Thanks!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Evil Sports you need to update your signature graphic now :). I want to take all the decals off my boat, but the wife likes them, and they help prevent hull scratches when she's driving! I really hate the gold stripe thing. I'd love to have something more like the 212 graphic.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Like @cane.mba my side graphics have been good at absorbing some dock rash, especially the raised "242" decal. I've removed some of the warning stickers throuout the boat but none of the big ones as I'd be tempted to put something else there. I put large "X 23" decals on the sides of my first yamaha to somewhat match my Seadoo x20's graphics. I liked it but my wife still brings it up whenever I fidget with the decals on out current yamaha. "Are you going to waste another $400 on decals?" The unstated ( too her) answer being, "Probably and maybe more but it's not high on my list, yet."

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Not to hijack the thread, but... Evil Sports, how do you like the trolling motor on your boat? Have you set up the bow for fishing as well? I have been thinking about what it would take to turn the front of my boat into a casting platform.

Thanks!
I was trying to get the cushion replacement pieces from Will at Jetboat but got busy and never got it done. The trolling Motor set up was a long thought out process. I didnt want to drill holes in the boat and totally destroy the resale but wanted to be able to make it convertable. My idea was to sacrifice the anchor locker door figuring I could just replace it when it was time to move on. Now I realise I can get fill the holes and put on one of those traction mats to cover the imperfections.
the motor is a Terrova 80lb thrust, 24v, 60" shaft with Autopilot and moves the boat great. When not in use it lives in the ski locker and fits in there perfectly. The lack of a keel or outdrive does allow the ass slide about with the wind and that can be annoying if your trying to stay close to an object. Other than that we fish the hell out of it. Keep in mind its far from a bass boat but we get our fish and still have a nice boat to entertain out of.

Volffas

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A look at the mounting device we created,
Very nice. I keep kicking this around in my head. The reality is that I think I would rather just buy a cheapo (say less than $2,000) jon boat with a small trailer. A lot of the lakes around here are fairly small and putting in our jetboat to fish them would be overkill.

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
lol, I guess I drank the kool-aid but I actually like the yamaha decals. The only one I didn't care for was the Limited S, and that is because of the obvious difference in font. I don't dislike the boats that are "naked", but I prefer the decals on my boat. Just sayin..:angelic:

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Its ok to be different. I look at it as if you are making my boat look better:winkingthumbsup"

Craig

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
lol, I like your boat! It's bad ass, I just an old guy;)

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you guys have to warm up the stickers to get them off? Or did they just peel?

Thanks
Mark

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you guys have to warm up the stickers to get them off? Or did they just peel?

Thanks
Mark
The stickers just peel off...then a little bit of goo gone will get the remaining sticky stuff off. Then apply a coat of wax after and you're done.

Noko

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just removed the important stickers like the ones that say not to put your private parts behind the pump. Actually, I just removed some and will be removing the rest of the safety stickers. The High Output and AR240 don't bother me.

McMark

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm removing the high output stickers and some of the crazy warning stickers. The AR can stay since the mrs likes it. Plus it might save some gelcoat.

Phil Goshen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is what it looks like without graphics on the side. Thinking of removing the twin engine/highoutput, but adding a chrome 242 Ltd S beside the Yamaha. Thoughts?

2017-04-29 19.47.30.jpg

mrlanemeyer

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This is what it looks like without graphics on the side. Thinking of removing the twin engine/highoutput, but adding a chrome 242 Ltd S beside the Yamaha. Thoughts?

View attachment 55460
I say do it, I ended up removing all the stickers from mine except the silver Yamaha and logo up by the window and I love it.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I went naked this season.

Attachments