• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replace stuff on Scarab blog (extended version).

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@Ron@Scarab how's come nobody is making these for the glastron line? Considering they both come out of the same factory. Marine mat was the only company I could find that had the templates for my swim platforms and walkthrough.
***This is just a personal opinion.*** Glastron boats are a Price Only boat. We just had one here for service from another dealer, and I wasn't impressed by it at all. I can see why there are issues but the boat is an inexpensive boat to start. Again, this is just my opinion. Also, you can get new updated mats that are available from SeaMat through Scarab or Glastron. Let me know if I can help. (The original rubber mats were definitely an issue to swallow)

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Yeah I get that they are a price point boat but i love the look of mine and get compliments all the time on it. I get that the scarab boats are definitely top of the line but I've never had a issue with mine. I just wish they would come out with more aftermarket product for them. Seem to be selling alot of glastron 187 lines.

Ron@Scarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Yeah I get that they are a price point boat but i love the look of mine and get compliments all the time on it. I get that the scarab boats are definitely top of the line but I've never had a issue with mine. I just wish they would come out with more aftermarket product for them. Seem to be selling alot of glastron 187 lines.
As they say, it's supply and demand! I have every watercraft catalog in existence, and they don't have anything yet for a Scarab nor Glastron. I can tell you if that you call these aftermarket companies, they will listen and start making things. Contact Hydro-Turf for instance regarding the mats and see what they have to say.

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
TIP# be patient, and know you are going to scratch the shit out of that area. There is no way around it.
Shouldn't be scratching anything when removing the old mat. I noticed a razor in your pic above and it made me cringe. I removed the factory traction mat on our boat last year when we installed a new Seadek Kit. I didn't scratch a thing when removing the old mats/glue. The key was to place mineral spirits soaked rags on the glue for a few minutes prior to scraping the softened glue off with a plastic scraper. Took me about an hour or so to remove all three sections.

This video was very helpful:

Last edited:

Elio195HOI

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Other
This was just posted to me today by Scarab. It is on our Facebook page as well. I do agree that the Glastron mats are the worst and 1st Gen Scarab's mats. I have been adding (Installing) these SeaMats brand to various boats and I can tell you that they are of high quality and easy to clean with just soap and water. In our deal jackets, there is a brochure from the company for any issues and care responsibility for the customer.
Whats something like that go for? I have the smart mat but still have the original snaps installed from the original carpet.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So today was redo the boat's crappy kicker system, and fir some proper speakers that will fit the boat better, and sound 100% better.

Checking on the OEM wires, they definitely cut some corners. The system was sounding staticky, and some of the speakers were louder than others. I found out the front speakers are tied in to the tower's. So, time to gut the whole deal.

51381100815__B2CABCBC-E20E-42D3-9CD5-A51E36102286.JPG.jpeg

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
What are you gonna go with?

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New 12 gauge marine speaker wire compared to the OEM wire.

51381122891__F5346254-9AF5-4F44-8424-2FA9F163D323.JPG.jpeg
Amp relocated to the rear storage of the boat near the battery switch. Ran some marine 4 gauge positive, and negative wires for the amp. (JL Audio 600/6)
51381108145__B032681F-512A-4284-8BA5-17B3EEF7CD7D.JPG.jpeg

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What are you gonna go with?
Went with:
JL Audio M600/6 amp
4 JL Audio MX650-CCX-SG-TB
1 JL Audio M8IB5-SG-TB Infinite baffle subwoofer.
50' 12 gauge Audiopipe marine speaker wire
6" 4 gauge power cables (tin covered copper)
6 channel marine audio cable.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
That's gonna be sweet. Post pictures when it's complete

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You're the man!!![flag]

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gave the system a test run this morning. Incredible sound!!!!! Now I have to get a second amp to run some new tower speakers. Soon.....!

Slugger55

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
SWEET!! You know I could have stopped by and took a selfie with it!!!;)

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That looks awesome!