• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing LS2000 Captain's Seats...looking for suggestions

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I have a tear in my helm seat on the cushion at the seam where the blue meets the gray vinyl. The shop wanted $200 to fix it so I am considering replacing both seats with bolster style captain's chairs. I have looked around I am trying to keep the cost reasonable since it is a 13 year old boat. Below is what I have now. Any suggestions?

photo 11.jpg

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Which part of the helm seat? Do you have a picture? I have recovered my stern cushions myself and they came out real nice so maybe you can do something like that but you may not be able to recreate the 2 tone.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It is the part of the helm seat that your a**ss is on. It ripped right where the blue is seamed into the gray. I'd try to recover it I just didn't want to take it apart and not have it work. I recovered my arm rests so I have the power stapler and the stainless steel staples already. I'd be fine with one color and no seam. Do you have a picture of yours?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I didnt redo my drivers chair, just the rear seat cushions. I think the drivers arse seat is attached by plastic plugs that snap in.

treeskier

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
yeah I looked at it the shape is irregular and it looks like it would be difficult to get it flat. I couldn't tell without taking it apart...which I didn't want to do unless I was sure.

Ronald Dillow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I just got my boat back. I had the same small tear on the drivers seat. Took it to the local Upholstery guy and he talked me into doing the whole boat. He quoted $1200, but then called to say the foam needed to be cleaned and treated for mold. That cost me $400, but is warranted. He did a amazing job. Sorry the pics aren't great, as it's really cold outside. IMG_7455.JPG IMG_7454.JPG IMG_7456.JPG IMG_7459.JPG IMG_7457.JPG IMG_7458.JPG IMG_7479.JPG

nj323ci

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got my boat back. I had the same small tear on the drivers seat. Took it to the local Upholstery guy and he talked me into doing the whole boat. He quoted $1200, but then called to say the foam needed to be cleaned and treated for mold. That cost me $400, but is warranted. He did a amazing job. Sorry the pics aren't great, as it's really cold outside. View attachment 31826 View attachment 31827 View attachment 31828 View attachment 31829 View attachment 31830 View attachment 31831 View attachment 31832
Looks great. Where are you from? I'm in NJ looking to have my boat reupholstered as well... Thanks

Ronald Dillow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I'm just outside of Chicago.
Waiting for the weather to let up a little so I can get her all cleaned up. I have new graphics, and a ton of stuff to put in her. My baby is going to prrrrr like a kitten. :)

nj323ci

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm just outside of Chicago.
Waiting for the weather to let up a little so I can get her all cleaned up. I have new graphics, and a ton of stuff to put in her. My baby is going to prrrrr like a kitten. :)
A bit too far for me... looks great tho. Can't wait to see the final pics once all is done.
I'll keep searching for a local place to redo my seats. If anyone has any recommendations for the NJ area, it would be appreciated (Sorry to jack your thread Ron)

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That looks awesome. did you have to take out the seats, etc for the upholstery place for them to start the work was that included? So total was $1600 with cleaning the pads and recovering everything?

Can't wait to see the graphics

Ronald Dillow

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
I dropped the boat off and picked the boat up.. They did everything else. He did say they had to hire a "smaller" guy to climb inside to get the bow seats out.
Yes that was my total price.
I ended up replacing both sliders under the seats.. $60 each and both seat pedestals inside the boat. $37 each. Looks sharp.

Oh I also do have an extra seat of YAMAHA 3D chrome emblems for sale. I ordered 2 packages not realizing they were 2 to a pack.
they are about 3" high by 16" long.452-large_default.jpg

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
PM'd you on the set of emblems. Really helpful that you provided a great benchmark for the cost of recovering seats on an LS/LX.

Yamatuf

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
wow the boat seats look great. I removed all my seats prior to winterizing to get them all redone. The quotes I received are much higher then your $1200 plus I removed mine prior. Several shops were pushing $3200 - $4500, that is crazy. I am replacing my white/tan seats with white/blue, same as yours. I'll post when I complete.
Damn you got a good deal!!!

Do you know if the used ALL SPORT VINYL to hold the forms. What did they do to clean and treat the foam? Where did you purchase your post and slides?

dabomb6608

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length