• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing trailer Jack

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’m replacing the jailer jack on a Shoreland’r trailer, do I need to remove the bow winch assembly to access original jack to remove it?

—Яiвs>

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yes I believe you do.

Garrett C

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Yeary4 you definitely have to loosen up the bolts, at least I had to. I put on a jack from west marine that has two wheels on it that is very solid and its night and day from the janky shoreland'r jack. Also I had to drill one extra hole for the pin that goes into the trailer from the jack as the ones that were already in there would not work. What jack are you getting?

Yeary4

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Think I’m getting this one. Absolutely don’t trust the one on it now....https://www.amazon.com/Ark-Trailer-XO750-Black-Extreme/dp/B07N7W59DM

ZGhost

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
i just installed a XO 750 today. i was able to get the bottom nut off without loosening the nuts on the bow wench assembly. but for the top one i just couldnt get it so i loosened them up, did not remove them was able to get the opening wide enough to get my wrench in there to take off the top nut. simply by just applying a little pressure outward gaave me about another 1/4 to 1/2" of much needed space. i did release the wench tho and the boat came up a bit to take some pressure off

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the same trailer and size boat you do @Yeary4. You do not need to remove it. Takes about 5 minutes and small quarter turns or so but you can remove all the bolts and nutz with a wrench. I doubted it, till I read another post here and someone indicated you can. So I tried and it worked fine. Also, check your tongue weight. I thought my tongue weight was good from factory, it was not. I slide the boat back and I slid my winch post back about 6 inches and moved the XO 750 from behind to in front of it and my tongue weight is spot on and I prefer the jack in front.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
What did you use to check your trailor weight?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased this below. Figured that if I had one when I load the boat for long trips, etc. That I could always check the weight. Already received it, but someone else on the forum gave another suggestion of a hitch that has a built in scale as well. Pricier. It is the second one below.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I've been having issues with my trailor hitch/jack. The day I brought the boat home I was cranking the jack so hard I bent the bracket that holds the wheel. it bent so bad it rubs the wheel. I greased the ball but I still need to kick the hitch to get it off the ball. Maybe I have to much tongue weight. I like the xo750 for my replacement.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine was sitting at just over 540 lbs from the factory with full tank of gas and light gear. Way to heavy. I am running at around 310 lbs. with trailer level now. The towing experience is like night and day. I would also check your hitch and make sure when you pull up the latch that the clamp is going down and releasing.

The XO is awesome.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
That was the first thing I checked was the latch. I went from a 190 so I was thinking "just a bigger heavier boat" by the time I realize I was pick my truck up the jack was jacked.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Something is a miss it sounds like. When I jack mine up, It may tug a bit going up on the hitch ball but then comes right up, I also put the chocks behind the tire but at about an inch or so, so the trailer can move a bit if needed and not bind into the truck. Sounds like it may be getting hung up a bit. Make sure you have no burrs etc. Anywhere.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Thanks, I do the same with chocks. I'll check for burrs, it doesn't like to come off. Kicking your hitch with flip flops on, I don't recommend 😬 I took a rubber mallet last time.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You know what you may try? If you are on a slight down hill it could hang it a bit. Try it on a slight uphill or very level ground.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Good advice, I think a new ball is in order, the one I have is 20 plus years old and pretty gouged up. That cant be helping.

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
FyI haven't installed the Stolz roller in this pic 😎

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
HangOutdoors, next time you're with you boat can you take a pic of your x0750 set up.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sure, it is in my driveway will do it in the morning when I get up for ya.