• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Replacing trailer Jack

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20200909_090400.jpg20200909_090346.jpg20200909_090337.jpg20200909_090330.jpg

Sean R

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Looks good, way better looking than stock. Thanks for the pics 👍one more question 🙄 after you moved your wench post aft 6", does your bow raise up when you climb on the swim deck? Meaning a wheelie on the trailor. A buddy of mine has a colbalt and when two people climb on the swim deck the boat lifts up "wheelie" pretty scary

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No it does not. I have had me the admiral coolers and gear on the rear swim deck and it doesn't raise up. 400-500 lbs. of weight I would guesstimate. Also I have good tongue weight now as well. If it made my tongue weight to lite, I wouldn't have moved it.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes the XO is off the ground. I prefer putting my tongue on a Jack Stand. Then I know it is much harder to move, even if someone pulls the chocks out. Also for security. Someone would have to lift it up off the jack stand first via the XO or other means and remove the stand. Finally it feels very secure when I am bouncing around in the boat doing things. Also I can get that jack stand pretty high if I am washing the boat to drain etc.

Those are just my musings, it is the way I have always done it with a trailer of any type when they are sitting.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Had to move winch forward to fit 456094A0-218F-4895-9660-601660FE5249.jpeg

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Had to move winch forward to fit View attachment 132935
My ARK 750 arrived today. What a beast this thing is. I could barely lift it out of the box. Hopefully since I moved my winch back 3 inches it will fit. Good Lord this thing is HUGE. This should work great on my sloped driveway. I like how you can lock the wheels too. I bought some tri-groove nuts to help deter any thieves. The mods keep on coming.

jEt_jAk

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Wait how do you lock the wheels?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Is there any dis-advantage to going with a flat bottom instead of wheels? I have yet to have an instance where I needed the front wheel. The wheel scares me since it can move the front of the trailer.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
The wheels don't actually have a brake, but you can position the wheels and lock them in what ever position you choose. Also, it's recommended to place the jack closest to the coupler as possible. The black model is not currently available, so I have the galvanized one.

Last edited:

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Is there any dis-advantage to going with a flat bottom instead of wheels? I have yet to have an instance where I needed the front wheel. The wheel scares me since it can move the front of the trailer.
You could get something like this

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I've been thinking of something like this, if I do replace it, though I do need something with an extended lift.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I've been thinking of something like this, if I do replace it, though I do need something with an extended lift.

If it were me, I would put one of these on each side as supplements. No way I'm trusting that 5000 lb. rating.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
If it were me, I would put one of these on each side as supplements. No way I'm trusting that 5000 lb. rating.
What makes you distrust it?

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
What makes you distrust it?
It doesn't look any more robust that the 1000 lb Dutton-Lainson I'm replacing. I'm sure it may be sturdy, but what about when it's extended? I have no first hand knowledge other than looking at the picture.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I found it funny that my wave runner trailer comes with dual wheel on the jack, but the boat trailer comes with a single wheel. When I have it at home resting on the jack and im cleaning it i'm always concerned that sucker is going to collapse on me. I started to use a jackstand at home because i don't trust the trailers jack much.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
What size wrench do you need to loosen the two nuts that secure the OEM jack? Would it help to shave the thickness of the wrench down a bit with a bench grinder?

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What size wrench do you need to loosen the two nuts that secure the OEM jack? Would it help to shave the thickness of the wrench down a bit with a bench grinder?
I didn't have to grind the wrench down that I used, but I can't recall the size. I know for certain that I bought/used the Harbor Freight wrenches just in case I had to grind them down.

Make sure you run to Ace Hardware and buy longer bolts beforehand, as the Fleet Farm in Oshkosh is sometimes sold out of those kinda things.

Grade 8 bolts and Nylock nuts - not sure on the length you'll need, but buy 3 different size bolts and take back what you don't need.

I think there's one by you, otherwise let me know, I'm 12 blocks from Ace, and I got that scupper wrench you need, and I can pick up what you need

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I put bushings on my longer bolts so the jack can’t move,