1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Reminder of the Lateral Thruster & Thrust Vector group buy through JetBoatPilot.....you only have Until August 31st to get in on this group buy!

So if you are looking to improve your steering, don't miss this opportunity!  Thank you Will @jetboatpilot for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(Logged in Members can click the X in the upper right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

Request for AR195 advice

Discussion in 'Yamaha AR190/192/195, SX190/192/195' started by mdchachi, Jul 11, 2018.

1. swatski

swatski Jetboaters Fleet Admiral

Ratings:
    +7,657 / 112
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    That's a common issue it seems.
    I take those off, "dot" them with silicone sealant at the bottom, maybe 1/2" of 100% silicone in three spots, and put them back on. Easy to take off when needed but prevents them from randomly popping up/falling off.

--

• Like Like x 2
  2. mdchachi

mdchachi Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Sounds like a good plan. Thanks.

3. haknslash

haknslash Jetboaters Admiral

Ratings:
    +3,937 / 89
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR192
    Boat Length:
    The cup holder trim rings need to twist to lock. A dab of silicone will ensure they won't vibrate or easily come loose without twisting them back off.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. mdchachi

mdchachi Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Thanks. I should have looked closer. Didn't think to look for tabs.

5. MBrown

MBrown Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    Excellent idea, I just did that this morning to mine. Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. mdchachi

mdchachi Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I guess I don't understand the drainage on these boats as well as I thought I did. Yesterday I got more water on the deck than usual.
    In fact I dumped about four gallons on it myself in order to rinse off some spills. Later I saw the bilge going off for the first time which was good because I was able to confirm the 2018 bilge is automatic and works with the switch in off position as reported.
    But I'm confused why the water went to the bilge. Shouldn't it flow out the back through the scupper drain?
    I did find some water on the inside of the wakeboard storage compartment but nothing to indicate that gallons of water went into there. However the plug was open so if water did get into there it would have gone to the bilge...
    Also when I pulled the back plugs back on the trailer, only a little bit of water trickled out even though I was on a slope. I was expecting at least a mini-gush considering water had made it into the bilge.

7. MBrown

MBrown Member

Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    First off, I’m not a leading expert in how these boats drain, but this is what I suspect for our 19ft boats.

There is a connected space (bilge) below all of our compartments, ski locker, fuel locker, engine bay. As far as I can tell when you have water in one of those compartments, you can open the plug and drain it into this space and it will make it back to the bilge pump in the engine compartment with acceleration or when boat is tilted bow high. The further you have the bow tilted up the further the water will run back eventually ending up where the rear drain plugs are. That is why some have put an additional bilge pump back there. The cockpit drainage system is not perfect, especially the seal around the ski locker, and some of that 4 gallons probably got into your ski locker and then drained into your bilge area and then got pumped out. You really have to be on quite a steep slope to get all the water back to the rear drain plugs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mdchachi

mdchachi Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Thanks. I think the wakeboard compartment seal or lack thereof must be the culprit as you say.

9. Arcadyus

Arcadyus Active Member

Ratings:
    +151 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Do wakeboards actually fit in the ski locker? There's no way my wakesurf board fits. I wish lol. I just put all the fenders, dock lines, and flags in there as it always ends up with water in there.

10. mdchachi

mdchachi Active Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    Probably not. I don't have any boards yet. Though I plan to get a Zup next season (which definitely won't fit). I've actually been using it as semi-dry storage because water hasn't been getting in there before now. I'm up to 8.5 hours on the engine now (6 outings). Woo hoo!

11. Skurks

Skurks New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 1
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    I got my 2018 AR195 this spring and got a safety kit, anchor (which didn't fit the compartment, so I had to get a Yamaha anchor) I went with the 3 year warranty.

With a clean hull (really makes a difference in speed) I top out at 50 mph with two adults and two kids.

• Like Like x 1