• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Reset maintenance reminder???

Got the software update on Saturday. Went from Version P2.1 to P2.2. Fixed the MX reset on the engine instantly.
Same issue here with a 2022 252SE ...
Can i do that update myself or il have to go at the dealer ???

Same issue here with a 2022 252SE ...
Can i do that update myself or il have to go at the dealer ???
It looked easy enough to do on your own, but I'm not sure that Yamaha would give you the download link without going through the dealer. Might be worth a call to Yamaha to find out.

I had same trouble with my 2022-252SE - couldn't reset the stbd engine maintenance hours after the 10 hr service. Got updated P3.1 software version from my dealer via email and that did the trick. Version P2.1 was original from factory.

I had same trouble with my 2022-252SE - couldn't reset the stbd engine maintenance hours after the 10 hr service. Got updated P3.1 software version from my dealer via email and that did the trick. Version P2.1 was original from factory.
Awesome, how do you do the install/update? Any special equipment needed? Thanks

Yeah same, I'd love to know how to do this without taking it to the dealer.

Only need a blank thumb drive to load the software onto, file size is about 75 MB but you don't want any other junk on there. Under the dash is a USB connection, plug in the thumb drive then turn the key switch on. Once Connext screen comes up, go to the Diagnostics Menu by pressing the gear icon for a few seconds. At the bottom right of that screen you should see a Load Software softkey. Press that and follow the on screen prompts. Screen will turn off then back on (reboot) on it's own when software upload is complete. Hope it works for you!

I will check with my dealer to see if they will give me the upgraded software. Anyone willing to share it if the dealer doesn't cooperate?

I'd hate to pass you something that gets corrupted and does more harm than good. My dealer's service manager sent it without hesitation via We Transfer and it took him less than a minute.

My Dealer just told me today that version 2.2 only fixes 1 out of 6 boats, and they have put a hold on it until further notice. Apparently, they are working on a fix and I should call back in a month. I asked him it fixes the joystick issue and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Has anyone with a 212SE tried applying the software patch?

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has fixed this but when it happened on my boat I had to start the other engine and turn off and then immediately reset the reminder and it worked. I think it follows whatever engine was on last.

Back