• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse Directional Assist Jet Nozzle (RDAJN) For Yamaha Jet Boats 1995 to 2022

Josse L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
A provisional patent application was filed, for the improvement of the Yamaha jet boat Reverse Gate.
The prototype is already installed on a twin-engine 2010 242LS Yamaha jet boat with a great improvement in the reverse steering control.
The part is very easy to install and will be manufactured as an industrial 3D printed piece made of SLS Nylon PA12 or injected molded Nylon, in two different versions:
1- The first is an attachment to the factory REVERSE GATE, with some minor modifications of this part, which are holes to allow the water to be redirected to the side nozzle attachment. For twin-engine boats the holes will be on one side only. On the outer side in each REVERSE GATE. For single engine boats the holes will go on both sides of the REVERSE GATE. The blue item on the drawing.
Screenshot 2022-12-07 043613.jpg20221115_150421.jpg
2- The second version will be the redesigned REVERSE GATE with the improvement incorporated as a whole new version.
LT.YAMAHA AS A SINGLE PART.jpg
3- Provisional Patent application in process.
Screenshot 2022-12-07 042814A.jpg

Attachments

Thermobrett

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
As I read this, are you trying to direct/redirect the flow with the reverse gate for better reverse steering? Will this remove lateral thruster attachments? This is your concept?

Josse L

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
As I read this, are you trying to direct/redirect the flow with the reverse gate for better reverse steering? Will this remove lateral thruster attachments? This is your concept?
Do you mean JBP Lateral Thrusters? If so, I don't have them installed on my boat, nor have I ever had them.