• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Reverse gate cable end, rubber seal cracked / rotted

Gump1976

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
Hi boaters,
While installing thrust vectors today, I noted the reverse cable where it exits the hull has a small rubber shield which is cracked on both engines. I started searching this evening to see if I can purchase this on its own or if it comes as part of the entire cable. It doesn’t appear to be in the control cable section of the part list or the jet pump sections either. Does anyone have any experience with this? I’m afraid salt water is getting in to my cable and given what I’ve read about the dreaded bcu error, I’d like to fix this asap on my own if possible rather then waiting on dealer.
Thanks,
Matt

Attachments

• 9FD51B53-20F2-42BC-B85B-EECF120BCA6A.jpeg
    9FD51B53-20F2-42BC-B85B-EECF120BCA6A.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 2DAF9976-5B27-48D4-B190-1985D0DEAA59.jpeg
    2DAF9976-5B27-48D4-B190-1985D0DEAA59.jpeg
    760.4 KB · Views: 33
Did you ever figure this out? My 19 has both damaged and dry rotted

I complained to my dealer about this since day 1. They said Yamaha wouldn't warranty it even though the boat had less than 10 hours on it. They said the cables would have to be replaced at a cost of $1,200. I just pack the boot with marine grease. Holding up so far.

Back